Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soccer Fanatics

Go down 
+7
Dave Beck
Jessica
Hailey Stern
ianmccarthy
StephyS
~*elise*~
GabriellaPetrone
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 am

So can we agree that we want to stay an extra day in Siena and leave on the 4th to go to the game?

Ian which tickets do you think we should get? you suggested second tier, does rosso work for you?

ps do we want to stay in Milan after the game? Cause then we would need a hostel. OR we can take the train after the game (and after some celebrating of course)
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 pm

The only problem I think we will run into with going from Siena to Milan on the 4th is getting there on time. It appears as though there is only one morning train traveling that route, and it wouldn`t get us there until 3:00PM. I don`t know if it was just the website I was using, or if there really is only one train going that way - I guess it depends on when the game starts.
And Nikki, if this plan doesn`t work then I, too, wil be fine to just stay in Siena as originally planned - we`re in a room together there anyhow and I think Marissa and Dominika (?) are still staying. I`m sure I would have a ball if I did go to the game, but have never been too interested in watching any sport that doesn`t involve a horse, so wouldn`t feel tooooo dissapointed to miss it (neither would my credit card tongue )
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 2:38 pm

I just checked on Trenitalia and with some random early morning time I put in it gave a few trains. Then, I checked Eurail's timetable (apparently 2005 info, so it could be wrong) and it has trains leaving Siena to Milan, arriving in Milan almost every hour from 11.00 to 21.00 (11am to 9pm) with an exchange in Florence and taking around 4.5 - 5 hours. Apparently you get an up-to-date copy of this timetable when you buy an Eurail pass so if anyone has one maybe they could check the Siena - Milano Centrale table.

This doesn't give us exact times to work with but it definitely looks like there should be multiple, easy to catch trains.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 2:45 pm

ok so i guess in order to get to Milan on time, we would have to leave Siena on the 3rd. i really would feel like i'd be missing out on an experience of a lifetime if i didn't go, so i really think it's worth the effort to get there.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 6:46 pm

Its totally understandable if most people do not want to make the trip but as long as there are still a couple of us then we could definitely go out on the 3rd as planned and then go watch the game and then leave right after the game or if need be stay over night and leave on the first train out. Thanks to ian for finding out about the tickets and I guess we don't have to worry about get them ahead of time. So as long as their are a couple soccer fans then we can have a blast.
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:28 pm

hey guys

so im a lil confused haha..is the plan to leave siena on the 2nd or 3rd? if its the 3rd..i guess i should book hostel then right for that night in siena?

also, if the game is at 15:00 (10 or 11 am italy time) is there a train from siena to milan that will get us there with plenty of time to spare?
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:30 pm

also, going home after the game or staying the night and leaving int he morning is kool with me..either or

the earliest train on the 5th/monday leaves at 8am and gets us in cortona at like..1215 i think

another thing..the hostel that were staying at in cortona locks its doors at 12 during the week and 1 i think on weekends..soo...if the game is at night(20:30..which i really think it will be changed to from past history) we may have to stay the night in milan and leave at 8am
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:32 pm

leaving at 8am the next day on the 5th sounds great to me I will just have to find a hostel in milan to stay in for the evening on the 4th.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:33 pm

hey ian,

so the game is for sure at 10 or 11 am?? the earliest train from Siena to Milan would only get us there by 11, so that won't work. i guess we're stuck leaving Siena on the 3rd, the booking a hostel for the night of the 3rd and 4th.
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:35 pm

hey elise

yeah i guess we will have to leave teh 3rd

ok yes as of now, the soccer game is at 10 or 11 am..but with big game, which inter vs roma is, the tv networks like them to be at prime time..aka night

so around early to mid january..i will know for sure when the game is at, as they announce time changes for games in advance of the game

ill let everyone know as soon as i know
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:36 pm

hey Gabriella

so the the night were staying in siena, the 2nd, do you guys all have a hostel booked yet or?
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:46 pm

Ian,

Candace and I are thinking about booking the hostel in siena many others are staying at as well. Its called Le Fonti di Pescaia and it only has 2 people to a room or a single room. Ummm we haven't booked as of yet but as soon as she gets back to me we are booking there for the night. Then we will have to find a hostel for milan for the 3rd-5th i guess if we are leaving on the 5th. Hope this helps.

cheers
Gabriella
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:51 pm

thanks Gabriella!
jstu let me know about the siena hostel

i was thinking we should get a hostel near the train station so its easier to get there the morning of the 5th

its easy to take the subway from the train station to the stadium

ill look for some hostels near the train station in milan
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:57 pm

Ian,

Ok so we are definitely booking at that hostel for Siena. Let me know what you find in milan. I think close to the train station is a great idea.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:01 pm

im looking as i type this haha

jstu for everyones information, we will be sitting in the 2nd tier, and the tickets prices are 30 euros plus tax
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:03 pm

ya same here. thanks for looking ian! i have a huge philosophy essay to write tonight, so i don't have much time to look for a hostel so it's much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Elise,

I feel your pain. My thoughts are with you. affraid

Nikki
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:10 pm

thanks Nikki!

i'm on to my 3rd glass of amazing red wine lol. ok, so i don't usually drink while doing homework! i don't want you guys to think that you're going to be living with an alcoholic or anything drunken it's just helping my whole thought process flow that much better
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:11 pm

Ha ha, yeah, FLOW better!!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:15 pm

EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:21 pm

hey guys

ok here is a good link to a lot of good hostels in milan that are near the railway station

i just realized i dont got my credit card on me, but i can get my credit card numbers numbers tomorrow and can book as soon as we got the exact number of ppl that are gonna stay in

take a look at the hostels in this link and let me know what ya think

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/italy/milan/
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:58 pm

Hotel Ideale Milano sounds not too bad, got a good rating...
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:03 pm

yeah that does look good

i was looking at 'hotel the best' as well and looks good. availablity is key, as some are more booked then others

hotel demo looks good too and has good avaiability the nights we will be there
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:06 pm

well whatever has good avaliability and a pretty good rating is pretty fine with me...we can see what everyone else says
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:07 pm

k sounds good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soccer Fanatics
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: