Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soccer Fanatics

Go down 
+7
Dave Beck
Jessica
Hailey Stern
ianmccarthy
StephyS
~*elise*~
GabriellaPetrone
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 9:34 pm

Ok so I know we have been talking about going to a soccer game. I thought that maybe we might want to go to see a game in milan on the 4th of February. I know that some people including myself are in Siena on the 2nd but I figured if we leave the night of the 2nd by train then by the time the 4th comes then we will be in milan for the game. The game is Inter (which is a milan team) and Roma (which is my favorite team). I know that some people are planning a milan trip earlier in january and it would probably be one or the other since people probably dont want to go to milan twice. I don't have school on monday either so if someone is in the same boat and wants to go to the game let me know and we can book a hostel for the 3rd-5th of Feb.

ciao for now, cheers
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 9:39 pm

awww i so want to go see a game! even though a few of us have already booked our hostel for the beginning of january, i just might have to go back for that weekend...
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 pm

I would love to go but have already booked a hostel for the 2+3 of Feb in Siena, maybe another time Question
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Number of posts : 71

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 6:29 am

i dont care if i have a exam and paper due on the monday, I AM IN Smile

forza nerazzurri

ian
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 5:50 pm

sweet Ian this will be awesome I am so pumped!!!!!!

lol nerazzuri yes yes we know
jk

GO ROMA GO

man this is gonna be one heck of a game

later
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 5:51 pm

Do you guys know what time the game is at on the 4th? I have class on monday but I would like to go. Any idea how much it costs?
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 6:02 pm

well I will be in siena for the 2nd for the Art History fieldtrip but i was planning to go after that since it wont be the whole day and we could get there on the 3rd late evening and stay for the game and then head back. It would be a lot of traveling but I so wanna do it. I could definitely check with my dad what time the game is in italy he would probably know since all the times on the internet are mostly what time it is on for people in edmonton on t.v. If I hear that more people wanna do this then I will look up hostels right away.
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 7:49 pm

hey guys

ok as of now..the game is at 15:00 (which is 11 or 10 am in italy..i get confused with time difference) but..inter vs roma is a big game, and usually the big games are at 20:30, so the game could be moved to that time

we should know by early in the new year what time excatly the game is at

in terms of cost, they range from 17-300 euros

i have been to a game in this stadium, and paid 60 euro for my seat. 1st tier

this year, i plan to either seat in the 1st tier as well, but pay for a cheeper seat, or sit in the 2nd tier (3 in total) and pay for the best 2nd tier seats

here is the link to ticket prices for the stadium and there you can find pics and many other things for the stadium including views of where you may wanna sit

http://www.inter.it/en/biglietti/prezzi.html

ps. there are 2 price list..one is for teh big games (aka vs roma, ac milan, and samp. and there other are for the smaller teams we will be paying the more $$ ticket price as As Roma is a big team)

i think thats all for now

ciao ciao
ian
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 8:04 pm

Ian,
Tier 1 or Tier 2 seats look good to me so whatever you decide as long as they are not too expensive I'll be fine with.

ciao for now
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 8:22 pm

hey

yeah does matter to me. i think the 2nd tier is what i wanna do..b/c the cheeper 1st tier seats are behind the goal post..and i dont really wanna sit there

so the 2nd tier tickets are 30 euro which is a good price i think

also, for trains from siena to milan and milan to cortona can be checked out at the trenitalia website im deffently infor going from siena to milan with the ppl that wanna go to the game with us

ian
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 8:25 pm

also when we figure out who wants to come, we should book rooms at a hostel as well

we can shop and explore milan on the 3rd:)Smile
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 8:54 pm

i'm in! i also am on that same fieldtrip in Siena, but like i'm totally up for taking the train to Milan on the 3rd with Gabriella and whoever else wants to come.

oh and 2nd tier tickets look awesome too!!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 8:59 pm

we should probably try and book a hostel too as soon as we can
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 9:12 pm

Tier 2 tickets it is then ummm so when do we purchase tickets? is it ok if we just buy them there do you guys think? I will start looking at hostels and let everyone know...as soon as we have a couple more people to go then we can book. I suggest probably in the next couple days. Oh ya and how far do you think it takes from Siena to Milan by train? bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 9:20 pm

ok so i looked it up and the trip from Siena to Milan is 4 hours and 42 min (not 43 min, 42) lol.

ANYWAYS, the train leaves Siena like pretty much every hour, like 11:18, 12:18 so on and so forth...

as for the soccer tickets, i'm really don't know enough whether to say if we need to buy them here or there
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 9:39 pm

I am totally in for going to see a soccer game. Whatever you guys decide (hostel / seats) is good for me. I've never been to a soccer game so this should be an awesome experience.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 10:12 pm

well if everyone does research then we can book a hostel for milan as soon as possible. We may even be able to just book a hostel once we get to italy but we don't really want to push it so lets see what our minds can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 10:21 pm

A bit of Siena, a bit of Milan, and a major game all in one weekend. I'm definitely in. I'm not on the field trip so I suppose I'll be one of the ones finding their own way there, and I don't yet have any hostel arrangements for Siena, or Milan of course.
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 12:56 am

Exclamation For those of us who have booked a hostel in Siena ... Exclamation Instead of cancelling the reservation for the 3rd and making one for Milan, why don`t we spend the whole day of the 3rd in Siena, then get up on the 4th and go to Milan for the game (if it is indeed in the early afternoon then we don`t even have to get up too too early), and then go back home? (Hehe, doesn`t that sound so cool to be able to call Cortona, ITALY "home"?!) This way nothing has to change with the hostel reservations, we still get a whole extra day in Siena, and we can watch the game and then take a night train back without having to worry about accomodation in Milan for a night. It does mean alot of traveling in one day - but its a good time to force us to study during those long train rides! Anyhow, this is just an idea that I think buys us some more time to make up our minds, I haven`t actually checked train times to see if we`d be able to get from Siena on sunday morning to Milan...And I can`t make sense of that website that Ian posted for the life of me! All that soccer jargon and abbreviations mean nothing to me - was anyone else able to figure out what time the game starts at?

P.S. Sorry if this blinded you, I just realized that we can make our messages resemble the rainbow...
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 4:49 am

hey guys
in terms of tickets..the game will be a sell out so we will have to buy our tickets before we go to the game over the internet or at a bank(yeah they sell tickets at banks) the tickets will go on sale about..2 weeks before the game, and ill let everyone know when they come on sale
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 4:52 am

the other day i was looking at hostels for the dates around feb 4th around the san siro district in milan (very near the stadium) and they seemed to be all booked. i think we should wait till like friday, and then try to book a hostel..if we dont get one right near the stadium its ok, but one fairly close would be nice..OR..we could get a hostel near the train station..either or works for me

ill look today once my classes are done

ian
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:36 am

Ok, I don't want to get mobbed here, but, am I the only semi-not-soccer-fanatic here?? scratch

Not that I Would miss out on a chance to see a real soccer game in Italy, but are there others who may not be interested in seeing a game as to keep me company IF ( IF ) I decide to forfeit the event??

Just curious, again my friends, don't hate, I don't hate soccer, I am just not an avid fan.

Regardless, Damn am I tired, Maria, I DID go to bed @ 3, and do you think I got anywork done? NO!! flower
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:20 am

actually Stephy that sounds like a good idea. that would make things a lot easier, since i can't seem to contact the hostel in Siena.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:30 am

Nikki I can see where you are coming from, I thought I wasn't an avid soccer fan, but once you get into the atmosphere and all the people around you seem to be changing skin color then it gets pretty good.
Also 3 am??? affraid I went to bed at 11.30 and this morning I slept through my train station. it was wicked I've never been to that part of town before. bounce
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 10:32 am

Maria, I suppose you are correct, and if I decided not to attend a game, I would probably regret missing out on the chance to witness and be part of an authentic Italian soccer game even if I am not a fan. So, I will probably take the chance and go too, because it's one more thing I can add to my list of things I've done in my life! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soccer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Fanatics   Soccer Fanatics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soccer Fanatics
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: