Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When in Rome

Go down 
+11
Mike
nanalouise
Candace Rogers
Merin
Olivia
Dave Beck
Marissa
StephyS
ianmccarthy
Barbara
MariaPaula
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-11-08

When in Rome - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 4:50 am

thanks maria!
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 12:09 pm

Just a reminder that a number of the field trips take us back to Rome a few times. (Twice with Helena and once with Rick) So you don’t necessarily need to squeeze all of Rome in to the first days you are there. I would be up for staying in Rome after one of the feild trips if anyone else is interested.

Also Tivoli looks really cool. I'm in.
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 2:08 pm

Candace I think that's a great idea! I would definatly be down for that.
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 8:31 pm

I hope to extend as many of my field trips into longer visits as possible. It only makes sense really.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 10:19 pm

Here here to extending the field trips, i figure we are there anyways may as well enjoy for longer! Also Dave- Id really like to see Carthage as well so you have a fellow sightseer in me!
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 2:32 pm

I'm all about extending the field trips. I already booked at hostel in Siena for after the art history fieldtrip. Does anyone know how we get to the field trips? Do they charter a bus or give us train tickets??
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 2:57 pm

What hostel did you book at, and for how many nights? I`d like to stay for the weekend there too, and perhaps go to Cinque Terre for sunday/monday, which I think is just a bit farther north, before heading back to Cortona.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Maria- I'd also like to know what hostel you booked at for sienna after the field trip, if we can all stay at the same place it'd be a lot more fun! and i think i remember hearing that the school charters a bus to get there and then we are expected to find your own way back?- However dont quote me on that cuz i dont remember how i know that!

Stephy- I also want to go to Cinque Terre so i'd definetly travel with you there on the sunday but i do have class on monday.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 3:08 pm

oops sorry Marissa, i thought it was Maria who posted before!
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mike

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 4:14 pm

Cinque Terre is actually kinda slow to get out too. From Sienna you have to take a bus to Florence(about an hour) and then at least 3 or 4 hours to Cinque Terre(you have to switch trains a few times and such). Also a few places are closed for the winter, so going later might be an option to consider.
It's definitely worth getting out there though, very beautiful and dramatic landscape- one of my favourite places I've been in Italy/anywhere. Also during the summer they have a lemon festival which is pretty cool.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 4:26 pm

Dammit all of you staying for the summer, if I could only be in your shoes to see the spring change the landscape from dull to delicious!!! I suppose I Will see the beginning transformation of spring, but it would be nice to see Italy in each season!! ( That I suppose I Will dream of for my next visit to italy!!)

Mike my friend, where do we find Limoncello?? I have made my own, but I think I have been missing out on the real deal!!

Nikki Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 5:04 pm

Hey Merin.

THe hostel I booked at was called Le Fonti di Pescaia. The address is http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.10392 When I searched the hostels.com site for Siena hostels there were only two. This one seems really quaint and beautiful though. I only booked for two nights because there is an art history paper and test on the following thursday that I felt my monday should be dedicated to.

Anyone up for Florence on the 19th of January weekend?? I also booked a hostel for that weekend that has a wicked rating. Check it out http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.1496 Its called Il Ghiro Guesthouse.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 6:24 pm

ya definetly! i'm so up for florence. k so has everyone booked their hostels already?? do we maybe want to set up rooms like we did for venice?
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 6:45 pm

Elise-
I booked the two hostels i had in my other post. FLorence for the night of the 19, 20 and 21. Siena for the 2, and 3 of february. Both places are two to a room so I booked 1 room for Dominika and I. It would be awesome if we could all stay at the same place. THe hostel in Florence looks amazing for how cheap it is.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 6:55 pm

affraid whats happening?? I feel I fell out of the loop! So you guys are staying longer in Sienna and Florence after the fieldtrips?? Crying or Very sad I don't know what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 6:59 pm

ha ha Maria! no need to feel lost! I'll catch you up. People were talking about extending the fieldtrips because we'll already be there so might as well see the area a little better. I have booked a hostel in Siena for after the art history fieldtrip and also one for the January 19th weekend in FLorence (just because I want to go there, no fieldtrip is planned in the courses i'm in). I just posted the info in case other people wanna come and stay at the same places. The hostels i booked a room at have pretty good ratings and seem well worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 7:03 pm

Hi Guys,
So i went to book the hostel in Sienna and they dont let you book one to a room unless you want to pay for the two together. So does anyone want to book a room with me for the 2nd and 3rd of Feb?
Back to top Go down
Mike

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 7:05 pm

Nikki- You can get Limoncello all over Italy without any trouble. There are places better known for it such as Sorrento, other places where I guess they grow lemons too- such as Cinque Terre. It does vary in quality quite a bit but there's probably a decent selection in most places. Also there are some gigantic lemons there the size of canteloupes or something-doesnt really have to do witha nything but they're really big.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 7:37 pm

Hey Merin,
if you are still loooking for a roomy for Siena, I would love to go.
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 8:08 pm

Great Barbara,
I'll book us both then for the friday and saturday nights! Yay, i'm super excited, i just wish we had more weekends to work with! (so many places so little time) scratch
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 9:51 pm

Ok so what exactly is going on here??? I have been reading the previous posts but I am still a bit lost. People are planning to stay after fieldtrips I understand but what hostels are people looking at? Ahhhhhhhhh so much info so little time to catch up on it all.

ciao for now my friends
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 10:01 pm

same here!! are you guys staying in Siena after a fieldtrip or is just your own weekend thing??
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 10:03 pm

The hostel in Siena that I booked a room at and Merin did too is Le Fonti di Pescaia. The address is http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.10392
This is for after the art history fieldtrip on the 2nd and 3rd of February.

The other hostel that I booked at is for a free weekend the 19-21 of January.
Check it out at http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.1496 Its called Il Ghiro Guesthouse.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 10:06 pm

ok so is anyone looking for a roommate for these two places?? just let me know and i'll book the room.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 11:12 pm

Marissa thank you for catching me up to speed!!
Elise I'll take you up on that! I hope to see as much as I can in both Sienna and Venice. Do you want to book one and I'll book the other one? Let me know and I'll book us in! (and anyone else interested eh?) cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When in Rome
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next