Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When in Rome

Go down 
+11
Mike
nanalouise
Candace Rogers
Merin
Olivia
Dave Beck
Marissa
StephyS
ianmccarthy
Barbara
MariaPaula
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2006-11-08

When in Rome - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 5:47 pm

Excellent Gabriella......$62 is really reasonable Smile. Olivia I'm not sure when exactly I'm going to Siena, but I'll let you know as soon as I do (in a few days) then we could book a hostel together if I am going that weekend (which I most likely will be). Over and out!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 8:58 pm

MARIA!! so i don't know if you're interested in going to that soccer game in Milan on the 4th, but if you were wanting to, we could stay the night of the 2nd (Feb) in Siena, then take the train to Milan on the 3rd?? i can't imagine what it's going to be like to actually see a soccer game in Italy! it's tough to pass up a chance like that...
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 9:18 pm

http://www.borgogrondaie.com/ check out this place for staying in Siena for the night of the 2nd

its 96 euros for a double room for the night which isn't that bad i guess we might be able to find something cheeper but its really nice
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 9:35 pm

hey Gabriella,

i had actually already booked a hostel in Siena (Le Fonti di Pescaia). it's the same one as some other people are staying at. and unfortunately they don't book rooms for more than 2 people...maybe someone's still looking for a roomy for Siena??
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 10:09 pm

No worries so is anyone needing a room mate for Siena let me know I would totally be interested??????????

ciao
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 10:44 pm

Elise I would def. be interested in going to Milan to see the soccer game.. then come home and gloat HAHAHAHAHA

The fieldtrip for Siena is a DAY long, what we can do is stay for one night, spend the 3rd in Siena and then take an overnight train (that way we don't have to pay hostels anywhere) and go to Milan.

Also do you have the confirmation # for our room? Because Im going to call tomorrow to see if we can get extra beds, for Gabriella.

Does anyone know how much the tickets are?(for the match)

Also if you have read my post for the rail pass, this trip (one way to Milan, return to Cortona) would count for the 4th rountrip (out of five).

Last edited by on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 10:58 pm

ya same here. i need everything to be as cheaply priced as possible.

perfect! i'm going to see if anyone else has looked at any hostels for that weekend in Milan. if not, i'll have a look and see if there's anything. once something looks good, i'll let you know and i can take of booking it if you'd like.

i was thinking we could take the train during the day of the 3rd?? i had booked us in Siena for the 2nd and the 3rd, but i'll cancel the night of the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:01 pm

I think scratch that we should take the overnight train both ways, it would save us money for two nights of hostel..
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:07 pm

oh ok! i didn't even think of that. ya that sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:09 pm

have you noticed that there is no way of contacting the hostel in Siena? I keep looking for an email or a phone number and I can't see either anywhere!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:14 pm

i actually found an email address for the hostel. i've already emailed them saying that we only need the night of the 2nd.

the train trip from Siena to Milan is only 4 hours and 42 min long...are you still ok doing an overnight trip?? cuz we'd be stuck staying up pretty late...just a thought!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:18 pm

Hmm well I did think about that.. I wasn't sure how long was the trip.. Well I guess we do need a night in Milan! We can take the train overnight to return to Cortona (I think that one is truly overnight).

Should we book at the same place we have for Jan 12?
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:21 am

ok, so Stephy suggested that we spend the night of the 3rd in Siena, then take the train in the early morning of the 4th to Milan, go to the game, then head back home to Cortona once the game is over. is that ok with you??
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:26 am

that sounds good!!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 6:24 pm

i just checked the train schedule for the 4th and the earliest departure time from Siena to Milan is 6:27am, which means we get to Milan by 11am. so if the game starts in the afternoon, then we could still stay in Siena for the night of the 3rd, but leave early in the morning to make it for the game.
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 6:37 pm

Hey Gabriella, If your still looking for a roommate for Siena I'm in.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 6:54 pm

Perfect Candace that sounds awesome and then we can leave to Milan I guess its the 6:27 train on the 4th and staying in Milan on the 4th night and coming back to cortona on the 5th. Does anyone then need a room mate for Milan? or candace do you want to book a hostel together in Milan as well?

ciao for now cheers
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:00 pm

Maria are you interested in staying in Milan on the night of the 4th? then head back to Cortona on the 5th??

Gabriella, if Maria wants to stay the 4th then the 4 of us could maybe look at getting a room?
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:06 pm

Elise that sounds like an awesome plan? If have a question for you what is the hostel everyone is staying at in Siena called??? I want to book a room if I can for Candace and I. Thanks so much.

bounce
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:11 pm

hey Gabriella,

the hostel in Siena is called Le Fonti di Pescaia.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:31 pm

Awesome thanks a lot and we are staying in Siena the 2nd and sleeping there the night and leaving for milan on the 3rd right?
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 7:31 pm

yeah i would prefer leaving on the 3rd
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 10:48 pm

Hey Elise and Gabriella, sorry I've actually taken interest in school work today.. gawd isn't that terrible?
Anyways, I don't have classes on Mondays so I am cool with whatever you guys decide, if you want me to book anything let me know the place, # of nights and arrival date and I'll get it done. king
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 10:51 pm

hey Maria,

i'll take care of booking the hostel in Milan and still trying to cancel that one night in Siena. but ya, this is going to be so much fun!! bounce
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 10:53 pm

omg definitely!! Besides I just realized that Cordoba (a colombian player) is on the Milan team!! YES I know who Im cheering for.

ps Thank you so much. If you want I can give it a try to cancel the hostel in Siena
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When in Rome
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next