Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When in Rome

Go down 
+11
Mike
nanalouise
Candace Rogers
Merin
Olivia
Dave Beck
Marissa
StephyS
ianmccarthy
Barbara
MariaPaula
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-11-08

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 2:52 pm

Hey guys! I know a couple of you have hostels booked already, but I just wanted to know who can be my 'tourist buddy'? I arrive on the 7th at 11 am from Toronto and I will be staying at the Hostel Beautiful 2 (did anyone end up booking in here?).
Ok just wanted to check!
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Yes, lets plan on who’s meeting who and when. I get in on the 7th and am meeting Hailey and Candace around 10:00am-At the Alessandro Hostel I believe.
You want to meet us there?
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Number of posts : 71

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:54 pm

i arrive at the alessandro hotel on the 6th so i deffently am up for meeting who ever is around and doing some walking around rome and such

i also plan to travel to Tivoli, which i believe is about a 30ish min train ride East of rome. there is a massive ancient roman ruins there, Hadrians Villa, and i deffently wanna go explore that

ian
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:35 pm

Maria we are on the same flight, as well as a couple other girls too I believe. I`m not staying at that Hostel but we should definately try to get and direct a cab together as I think we`re both going to be right near the Termini station anyhow What a Face
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:12 am

Steph thats awesome! Do you want to cab it or should we just take the train that ends at the Termini Station? I have no idea what is better, cheaper, faster, etc.. but that can be decided there I guess!

Ian, I am up for any archaeological sites. Really. And Hadrian's palace sounds like it is coming out of Homer's tales. cheers
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:16 am

hey Maria,

yeah this ancient villa is amazing. i studied in at school and soo wanna go see it. the villa is over 1 sq km so its huge! most ppl dont go to it or hear of it b/c Rome is the main attraction. but yeah we should deffently go check it out!

ian
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:17 am

Ian, definitely!
I feel this is turning out to be an instant messaging board!
Anyways, do you know anyother sites that are not as known but completely worth it?
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:26 am

Maria and Steph- From what I've heard the best thing to do from the airport is to take the train to Termini station which leaves every half an hour. I think there are about 10 people on the flight from Toronto that gets in at 11. If we all find each other we should take the train as a little group.
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:27 am

hey maria

haha you are sparking my interest ten fold! i am a classics major and know plenty of hidden jewls outside of rome!

let me think here..

the island of Capri, of coast of naples is a good one, but kinda far. it has some nice ancient palaces
Osita, ancient romes port city is also a very good one...this one is close and very well preserved. if we have time, Ostia is also a must along with Tivoli to see Hadrians villa

ill try to think of more and let ya know!

Ian
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:32 am

I have DREAMED of going to Ostia for a long time now, it would be ridicolously ( i cant spell ) awesome to visit!
Are you interested in going to Carthage???
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:42 am

hey maria!

yeah Carthage (tunis i think it is called now) would be amazing! N. africa has some really sweet ruins as well, most better preserved then european ones!

what day do you arrive in rome? i arrive on the 6th at about noon

Ian
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 am

I arrive on the 7th around 11 am
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 11:38 am

I would love to check out the ancient ruins (art history/arch major)
But I just dont think I will have time in that one day as I arrive on the 7th.

I think Hailey and Candace and I will probably stay in Rome (not sure though, have not talked to them about it yet).

If you want to come back the next weekend though, I would LOVE to see the ruins with you all...just a thought.
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 11:43 am

yeah i only have 2 days to explore rome and elsewhere so not much time.

i deffently wanna see Tivoli and if possible, Ostia b/c those 2 places arnt on the field trip schedule

we deffently tho should get together on the 6th and or 7th and check out as much as we can tho!

ian
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 12:36 pm

hey Steph did you guys book at hostel des Artistes with Marissa? or at the Syracuse?
anyways I changed my hostel to the Hostel des Artistes.

Ian do you think we should plan ahead what we want to do on the 7th? Just to be time efficient once we are there. I think we should go to Hadrian's Palace only (because we won't have time for others)
Barbara (and everyone else) would you like to join us?
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 1:26 pm

hey maria
that sounds good to me! we should deffently go there ont he 7th. i will look into it more, and makes sure that it is "open" to the public on sundays

ill post back here when i find out

ian
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:01 pm

I'm up for any and all archaeological sites. Ostia and Tivoli should both be worthy trips, and I absolutely plan on going to Carthage (modern Tunis) at some point whether it's before, during, or after the term. I'll be arriving in Rome sometime on the 6th but I can't say for sure when. I'll be catching a train out of Milan and though I'm hoping to be at the Termini and checking in at the Alessandro Palace Hostel before noon-ish, I can't say for sure.

Count me in on any archaeological outings though. (One place I was hoping to make it to but doubt that I will is the site of Leptis Magna, east of Tripoli, Libya.)
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:03 pm

I am booked at the Hostel Des Artistes by myself, I don`t know if the rest of them booked separately or as a group but whatevs. If we get the train into town early enough then I will for sure be up to going out for the rest of the day with you guys.

Also, my friend was in Tunisia, N.Africa (I think this is Carthage) last year and said it was BEAUTIFUL so if it doesn`t take too long to go there on a weekend then it is going to have to be a mandatory trip sunny
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:04 pm

hey dave

sounds good! i have studied the villa in tivoli and its quite amazing
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:23 pm

Ian, I too arrive on the 6th, but at 5 o'clock and I'm staying at the Allesandro Hostel. I just studied Ostia Antica, specifically the Theatre there and would love!!! to see it!
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:25 pm

Ian, I too arrive on the 6th, but at 5 o'clock and I'm staying at the Allesandro Hostel. I just studied Ostia Antica, specifically the Theatre there and would love!!! to see it!
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi Guys,
I'll be in Rome on the 5th and am staying at the Hostel des artistes but would love to see Ostia! Count me in on your trip on the 7th!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 8:02 pm

Check this out!
http://www.tibursuperbum.it/eng/monumenti/villaadriana/index.htm

Hours: 9am till 1 hour before sunset
Price: 6.50L
3.50L (for EEC citizens from 18-25 years old)
free (for EEC citizens under 18 and over 65)
Directions: Although there is a map, there are no mentionings of buses
or trains that could take us there. (We can always ask though)
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 8:32 pm

Great site Maria! I'm so excited to see it!
AAHH, i'm getting so pumped...this is so not great for my essay thinking...hmm anthropology of religion or the forum....
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 10:07 pm

Hey no prob! Glad to help out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When in Rome Empty
PostSubject: Re: When in Rome   When in Rome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When in Rome
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next