Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Venice Carnival

Go down 
+14
Mike
Jessica
Olivia
nanalouise
Merin
StephyS
David
Christina
Hailey Stern
Candace Rogers
Marissa
MariaPaula
Dave Beck
Barbara
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Venice Carnival - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 9:05 pm

Oh boy, I was waiting to book the hostel until after we met. Now it's booked solid. Anybody know if hostel bookings are likely to change or if there's some other way to figure this out. I don't suppose somebody already made a group booking and I have a spot that I didn't realize I had?
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 11:09 am

Hi Dave,
As I said on the email I sent a request for a group booking at the hi-hostel, they said they would contact me within 48 hours so I am waiting. I hope the hostel is not full, but I was afraid something like this would've happened anyways.
All we can do now is sit and wait. Unless we can find another hostel.
Maria
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 2:02 pm

bad news everyone!
HiHostel has a curfew of midnight .
We should look at another hostel then.. any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 3:03 pm

Well one of the Alumni from last year mentioned that hotels are often the same price as hostels, so we should keep that option in mind as well...
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 4:36 pm

Wow, that Travel Cuts search turns up a lot of results and I'm really suprised how cheap some of them are. The cheapest is $18.26 Canadian per night and there's a pile of places in the $30 range. I haven't looked at any in detail yet but we certainly don't seem to be short on choices.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 6:11 pm

Hey guys,

www.hostelbookers.com is a good place to find hotels and hostels. I found a hostel where we can book 3 private rooms with 7 beds, called Hotel Venice Villa Dori, no curfew, and is also 20 euros a night. http://www.hostelbookers.com/booking/index.cfm?hostel=4652&fuseaction=hosteldetails. So if everyone wants to take a look at this site and others, then we can try to come up with a concensus of where we want to stay.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 8:00 pm

The hostel that Hailey suggested looks good. I'm good with this one!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 pm

i agree
cheers
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 8:54 pm

Looks good to me. It's on the mainland as opposed to the islands but that just means we don't have to worry about boat schedules at night. Here's a Google Map link to see exactly where it is if anyone's interested:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Via+Colombara+213+marghera,+Ca%27+Sabbioni,+Venice,+Italy&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.22949,67.587891&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=45.433395,12.269669&spn=0.217071,0.541763&om=1&iwloc=addr
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 10:29 pm

The Hotel Venice Villa Dori sounds perfect, it`s out of the city so probably safer and more quiet, and the rooms look beautiful! I am for sure in on this place, although I thought I`d mention that the room is 20Euro on friday night per person, but 40Euro per person on saturday for some reason. It is getting up there in cost when we add in paying for the shuttle service and all meals but it does seem really nice so I`m still game bounce
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 1:36 am

this looks really good! I vote YES
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 3:34 am

ya that place sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 9:34 am

The Carnival events seem to take place on the island. So I guess our choice is to stay on the mainland for cheaper and deal with the shuttle or stay on the island and have a curfew and/or pay a little more for a hotel.

Aside from the fact we would have to deal with the shuttle, the hostel Hailey found looks great.
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 12:13 pm

I wasn’t at the meeting so I know I am kind of out of the loop. Just so you know, I am happy with whatever the majority decides. So be sure to COUNT ME IN! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 12:27 pm

I'm also in for sure. Are we going to do a group booking or individually? Should we set a booking deadline to make sure we can all get into this hostel to avoid it getting full?
Back to top Go down
Mike

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 1:38 pm

Hey guys. I've been looking at a few places on the main island, the place I stayed last year was pretty good (I doubt it could accomodate 20 or so people though).
Would anyone else be interested in staying on the main island?
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 2:19 pm

I think it would be nice if we could all stay at the same place together....

As for booking the hotel, we have to book it as a group since you have to book the whole 7 person room at once. So it will work out good if we book 3 of these room (last time I checked there were 21 of us right?). So I guess either one of us could book all 3 rooms, and then everyone could pay that person back (I'd be willing to do that), or we could have 3 different people each responsible for booking one room, and getting the money from the other 6 people staying in that room. What do you guys think? Also, not every person that said they are interested in coming has agreed to this hotel so I wouldn't want to pay for the hotel until everyone that said they wanted to come has agreed to it.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 2:51 pm

I'd be willing for staying at this hotel, I think the better idea is that we have three people incharge of booking the three rooms and then the other 6 people in the room pay each of them back. Thats just my thought. It'll be nice when we have it all figured out though.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 3:02 pm

I'd also be willing to stay at this hotel, and I think the better idea is that we have three people incharge of booking the three rooms and then the other 6 people in the room pay each of them back. Keeping track of 6 people is easier than 21.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 3:15 pm

I suppose what might work well is if everyone who agrees to stay here emails me, then I can figure out for sure how many rooms we need to book. Then anyone who also volunteers to book one room could, or I could just book all of them. I think we better book this pretty soon, so how does a deadline of this wednesday, Nov 22, by 5 pm sound? Then that night I could post who all I've got down for wanting a room, everyone can check it and make sure my #'s are correct, then I could book it thursday morning.

Does this sound ok to everyone?

My email is hstern@ualberta.ca
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 3:19 pm

Since we already have about 11 people who have said yes, and since we are splitting the reservations three ways, I suggest we book at least 2 of the rooms RIGHT NOW. We can always change our reservation right?

Unless I hear otherwise I am going to book 1 room this evening.
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 3:32 pm

Alright, I'll book one tonight as well. Just to organize things, so far there are indeed 11 of us that have agreed to stay here.... To organize who is going to pay who:

Barbara
Merin
Maria
Dave Beck
Stephy
Nanalouise
Olivia

Hailey
Jessica
Marissa
Gabriella Petrone
+ the three next people to agree

If we manage to get more people wanting to come that there is room for in 2 rooms then they'll have to get one person to book their room. Sound good to everyone?
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 3:35 pm

This all sounds fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 3:39 pm

this sounds great. thanks for organizing guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venice Carnival
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: