Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Venice Carnival

Go down 
+14
Mike
Jessica
Olivia
nanalouise
Merin
StephyS
David
Christina
Hailey Stern
Candace Rogers
Marissa
MariaPaula
Dave Beck
Barbara
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 1:19 am

Working dates are Feb 9-12 2007
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: train travel to venice   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 1:19 pm

Ok, like I mentioned in the mailing list I did some searching on the train timetables into how long it would take to get from Cortona to Venice. I just did it again (on my own computer which seems to better agree with this forum than the one I used at Rutherford this morning) and found some faster trips. One of the quickest options takes 4:18 from "Terontola-Cortona" to "Venezia ( Tutte Le Stazioni )". Coming back looks around the same, a little over 4 hours is the fastest with the times ranging up to the six hour range for either direction.

Also, I have class Monday morning so I'd need to be back Sunday evening for that.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 pm

there has been a lot of motion to get organized and to get everyone on the same page, but I would like to be as prepared as possible for Friday so I will bring everything I have so far collected so that the 'meeting' can go a little smoother.
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: list   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 6:36 pm

I don't know if anyone else could see the list of people going to Venice on the other mailing list but I couldn't find how to open it. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 7:21 pm

According to my yahoo I did open it-But there is nothing there.
Did that help? LOL
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 7:44 pm

I had no problems opening it.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 8:20 pm

Hey guys,

Is everyone ok with staying at the hi-hostel in Venice? I've booked myself in already. It's only 4 euros to book the hostel, and if you cancel 48 hours before the reservation you don't have to pay anything further. So if we changed our minds it wouldn't be that big of a deal to reserve something else. I just think it's a good idea to book ASAP cause I don't wanna miss out! This is gonna be so awesome! I don't think you need to be a member yet to book, but by the time you get to the hostel you'll need to show the card. Let me know what you think!!

Hailey Smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 8:27 pm

Hey Hailey- I just sent you an email LOL

This is the link to Hostel that several people have sent me, and that Hailey is talking about.

http://www.hihostels.com/dba/ghostel.en.htm?ghouse=IT|031001

I don’t know if it would be cheaper to book a group or if we should all reserve our own. Input please!
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 8:32 pm

Hey guys,

If we book in a group of 10 or more it is 18.50 euros a night instead of 20.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 10:25 pm

hey guys, nice to see some of us are using the forum and thank you Barbara again for setting it up!
I have a list, however I am not sure if it is one where everyone interested is signed up..
I second Hailey's motion and I actually thought that if we could have this organized by friday (by organized I mean booking at the hi hostel as a group) then we would only have to talk about details (ie food, transportation, cortona program in general, etc) but then again...
Ok lemme see if I can post this list
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 10:31 pm

NAMES E-MAILS COSTUME (Y/N)
Barbara Bogucki litwit82@yahoo.com
Mike mtbird@ualberta.ca
Candace Rogers candacevrogers@hotmail.com
Hailey hstern@ualberta.ca
Leah lct2@ualberta.ca
Jessica jsyms@ualberta.ca
Elise elandry@ualberta.ca
Gabriella brie600@hotmail.com No costume
Olivia oharvey@ualberta.ca
Meaghan Goebel goe_mea@hotmail.com
Meaghan’s Boyfriend
?????? kmartyn@ualberta.ca
Dave dixbee@gmail.com Will buy a mask
Maria mparias@ucalgary.ca Mask, costume maybe
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 10:47 pm

Hi hostel (www.hihostels.com)
-8 people
Euro 20.00 per night per bed
-10 people (or more)
Euro 18.60 per night per bed
*** Need to be a member, purchase card at Travel Cuts for $35
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 10:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 8:13 am

Hi guys,

I'm also extremely interested in the carnivale trip. I'm adding myself to the list.

AMES E-MAILS COSTUME (Y/N)
Barbara Bogucki litwit82@yahoo.com
Mike mtbird@ualberta.ca
Candace Rogers candacevrogers@hotmail.com
Hailey hstern@ualberta.ca
Leah lct2@ualberta.ca
Jessica jsyms@ualberta.ca
Elise elandry@ualberta.ca
Gabriella brie600@hotmail.com No costume
Olivia oharvey@ualberta.ca
Meaghan Goebel goe_mea@hotmail.com
Meaghan’s Boyfriend
?????? kmartyn@ualberta.ca
Dave dixbee@gmail.com Will buy a mask
Maria mparias@ucalgary.ca Mask, costume maybe
Marissa Warshawski marissa@ualberta.ca
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 9:59 pm

There are multiple versions of the Carnivale list circulating. The last three messages on the mailing list all contained slightly different lists, and the forum also had some slight differences. I’ve taken the three that were mailed today (by Gabriella, Maria, and Stephy) as well as the three posted on the forum (by Barbara, Maria, and Marissa) and consolidated them all into one with the formatting touched up a bit again. Feel free to double check but this version should be the one to base anything further off of as it should contain anything that was in the six versions I looked at to make it.

I will both mail this to the list as well as post it on the forum.

Dave

P.S. The address kmartyn@ualberta.ca is in the list but I can’t find a name to go with it. Who are you kmartyn?

===============================
(the formatting didn't carry over to this post very well and I can't be bothered to tidy it up, but the information is all there.)

Last edited by on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 10:06 pm

Hi folks...a suggestion,
Let try to just keep Dave’s list so we have ONE we can refer back to.
If you want to ad your info, please use the edit button on the top right of his post. You can then alter the list, press save, and it will be updated on that same post.

In order to avoid confusion, I have DELETED my other post, which also contained a list.
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 10:36 pm

Actually, I don't think you can edit somebody else's posts. At least I only see an edit button on my own. If that's the case maybe just copy and paste the list I made into your own new posting and add your info to the end if you need to. If somebody else has already done that then copy theirs so you keep whatever they added.

I was a little suprised when I realized there were as many as six versions of that list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 10:48 pm

Hmmm, perhaps I can edit them all as I am the moderator?

In any case, I will try to update your list even as people add new posts
Back to top Go down
Christina

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: carnevale   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2006 12:03 pm

I would love to go to Carnevale too, btu my computer is going nuts and won't open any of the half a billion lists going around, so here is my information:

Name: Christina
Email: christinao@shaw.ca

(added to list by Barbara 11/10)
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2006 4:49 pm

I am only going to be able to afford the value priced edition of this trip. (aka walking around and enjoying myself). If this festival anything like the ones we have here in Edmonton (and I'm sure its much bigger) there should be tons to see without spending too much. Also I plan to purchase a mask there and dress up at least one of the nights. Is any one else with me?
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2006 8:29 pm

Hi Candace,
I think thats pretty much the plan for all of us...spend little, see lots!

(I went ahead and added your costume choice to the list.)
Back to top Go down
David

David

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Carnevale Plans   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 3:04 pm

I haven't kept up with all the Carnevale plans (probably like a lot of other people as there are 40 or so people coming and only 20 on this forum) but I'd like to be a part of its planning and of course I'd like to go. I can't speak for my friend Stephanie (Simpson), who's also coming to Cortona, but I'm pretty sure she'd like to be a part of it too.

Also, I'm not sure if this will be an issue for everyone, but I wanted to point out again that the HI Hostel in Venice has a curfew of 24.00.
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 10:13 pm

Ick, thats no fun, considering we have an early curfew in Cortona maybe we should look for somewhere in Venice that those of us who want to can stay out later? I`ll look into it....
Back to top Go down
David

David

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 4:53 pm

Well, I'm not 100% certain that it will have a curfew, but when my cousin stayed there a couple years ago she said the curfew really sucked because it was not only at 12...but you also had to catch the last waterbus to the island that the hostel is on at an earlier time. Things may have changed since then, but in my HI Hostel guide for 2006 it is still listed as having a curfew.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 6:16 pm

I checked the website for the hostel and they do not mention having a curfew but they don't say either that there isn't one. So I sent an email to the Hi Hostel in Venice to see if we can get things cleared up.
I'll post back once I get a response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Venice Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venice Carnival
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: