Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cinque Terre

Go down 
+6
Hailey Stern
GabriellaPetrone
Candace Rogers
~*elise*~
MariaPaula
Nikki
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Cinque Terre - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 12:25 am

so if we are planning on staying in Cinque Terre for the whole weekend are people booking things already or what is going on with that?????

ciao for now bounce
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 am

Yeah I was wondering the same things.. but I decided to stay outisde of the loop until the 14th because I have finals (I imagine you guys are going through the same processes) so if anyone starts booking for Cinque Terre please let me know through email! mparias@ucalgary.ca or count me in, whichever is easiest!
thanks and good luck everyone!
(28 days)
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 11:33 am

CINQUE TERRA UPDATE OR CLARIFICATION..

Maria, I thought you were still waiting on a reply from Admiral Apartment as to a price?? Maybe I am wrong. But as far as I know, no bookings have been made thus far.

I think we are looking at the weekend of March 9-11 or the 12 if some of us are bad scholars ( ok, thats me, just once though... Twisted Evil )

I think we are going to stay in Levanto, which is a little north of the 5 towns and we will adventure from that point. Mention of Pisa, Genova and somehwere else has also been made in regards to that weekend, we may be diong the whole shebang in the same weekend as all these destinations are close. So far, a room list ( potential here because we have booked nothing thus far, I think, is Hailey, Maria, Nikki, Elise and Gabriella, ) interest is coming from Barbara and candace to, and many others of whom I am unable to remember right now.

Positano weekend is probably march 2 - 4 ( also hitting Naples since it is close ) there has been minimal researh done into that destination and accomodation. One glitch could be the potential classics/history field trip to rome slated for march 2 as it appears on the green filedtrip sheet given to us at the orientation meeting in november ( I do recall Helena and Trevor mentioning something about that sheet being a little skewed though, perhaps I am wrong ) anyhow, if this field trip is for sure, it is in the entire opposite direction of Positano and as the field trips are mandatory, it would throw a wrench into the plans.

what else...

I am not sure what else for now.. when I figure that out I Will e-mail again. Good Luck on exams!!

Nikki
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 11:58 am

aww!!! Evil or Very Mad i didn't even realize that the fieldtrip was on the same weekend. but they did mention at the meeting that those dates can change, so i'm crossing my fingers that they do. i really want to go to Positano and since there was like an 80 dollar deposit for the hostel, it'll really suck if i have to cancel.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 12:01 pm

I think the field trip might be a half day ( hopefully the morning ) and I would still be up for taking a train down there friday afternoon or night, spending a day in Positano and the same in Naples. I would hate for you to lose that deposit.

So, if we have some interest, and there are people who will go even after the field trip, I would be up for that. We discussed wanting to go, we should still definately go, we have the rest of the weekend anyway so let me know what you think Elise!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 12:18 pm

that sounds good Nikki. as soon as we're done the fieldtrip we can head down to Naples and Positano.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 1:40 pm

I am happy that souns good! I really wanted to go to Positano too even before I was accepted to the program so we definately have to go! And a little extra train trip never hurt anybody! Even if it's just two days to explore, it's two day's we'll probably never have again!!

I realise now that I have to put a disclaimer on all the trips I sign up for
"I may or may not cancel some weekend trips due to insufficient funds"
but the Cinque Terre, Venice and especially Positano trip are a MUST and FOR SURE on my list so lets just do it!!

Glad that we're still going!!

Nikki
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 10:56 am

Have people booked yet for Cinque Terre and are we staying the whole weekend there or is there interest for travelling to Pisa and Genova???? I would be interested in staying the whole weekend to view the five cities. Let me know whats going on.

affraid (hehehe)
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 3:27 pm

Well I think some people are wanting to stay in Cinque Terre for the whole weekend, and it does not appear that reservations have been confirmed. I think that I would like to do what Hailey is planning on doing, going to Cinque Terre, Pisa, and Genova, that way I get to see a bit more of Italy. I haven`t read anything from her about bookings yet though, so I guess I`ll just play it by ear and see what happens...
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 7:01 pm

I would also like to stay the whole weekend in Cinque Terre. Gabriella, if you want i can look into hostels. Where is everyone else staying? I've been a little confused between this trip and the positano one! Also this is for our last weekend correct? (march 10ish?)
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 9:51 pm

Merin, that sounds awesome, let me know what you find and I will try to do some research as well. Once we find a place we can let anyone else who is interested know and go from there. I would like to see Pisa and Genova too but I think Cinque Terre is beautiful and must be done by itself. Talk to you soon.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 8:20 am

I agree, i think cinque terre is a weekend in itself although i would like to see pisa and genova eventually. The only hostel in the area looks like Ostello Tramonti in Biassa, one of the villages in the area.
http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.11648
It looks really nice and is $28 a night for a 4 person room (per person) so hopefully we can find 2 more people to fill it up!
cyclops
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:05 am

Hi Merin I'm also up for staying the same weekend but I found this hostel http://www.hostel5terre.com/mainmenu.htm it's in one of the main villages. and it seems pretty nice we can book a four person room for 4 ppl for 20 euros each
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 am

Hey guys, Im back from finals hurrah!cheers
ok, So I never got an answer from the apartment people and that frustrated me, I really want to go to Cinque Terre and if it is after a fieldtrip , then what the heck why not!
Anyways.
Have people been booking, I saw some posts about potential hostels.... and since i didnt get a reply from the owners.. well that sucks
ok
i gotta remember not to ramble
ok
huhhhh yeah that's all i had to say, if we start booking it would be fantastical and always . count me in afro
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 10:32 am

Olivia,
The hostel you found looks really good, and if its connected with the national park thats great. I can book the 4 person room for the nights of the friday and saturday nights. I dont have class on the monday so i might head to pisa or genova then. So correct me if im wrong but as of now its me, Olivia and Gabriella confirmed. Maria Paula are you in as well?
If everyone is set i will book it today.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 2:33 pm

I definately want In on this trip, Maria and I had talked about renting an apartment in Levanto but I think that ended up not working. If I can't afford alot of weekend trips, this is one I really want to do, and Positano, so if I can squeeze into a room, that would be great.

Man, do I need to find some extra money.
sunny
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 2:39 pm

hey guys, i'd love to be in on this trip too. so if you guys book anything, count me in!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 3:28 pm

Ok so the Hostel 5 terre has a 6 person room that i am going to book right now. So, as of right now that will be me, Olivia, MariaPaula, Gabriella, Nikki and Elise.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 3:32 pm

So i went to bookthe hostel and it said that it wasent taking reservations for 2007 until the begining of 2007. I will try back the first few days in January and make a reservation then.
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 3:38 pm

Hey Merin
That sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 3:55 pm

thanks Merin!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 4:20 pm

Yes, many thanks!!

I am beginning to realise how close we are to leaving!!

What a life we lead!
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 5:25 pm

Thank you so much Merin!!!! Thats one thing less to worry about and the Hostel Cinque Terre looks fabulous. Only 17 days and counting. Absolutely amazing.

ciao
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 7:38 pm

Thank you so much Merin!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinque Terre
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: