Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cinque Terre

Go down 
+6
Hailey Stern
GabriellaPetrone
Candace Rogers
~*elise*~
MariaPaula
Nikki
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:14 pm

Ok. Do some research about this little jewel folks. I AM GOING !!
And I just might spend a WHOLE weekend (If I have any spare ones) exploring the 5 villages.

There is one village that has a promendade type structure carved right into the cliff, it is a giant man holding the path into the sea, very cool.

All the sites I have been visiting say the same thing, accomodation in the towns is LIMITED, in the summer and fall especially ( usually totally booked up) and the winter months usually see alot of the town closing down. A friend of mine who attended the program last year rented a small apartment for about 3 nights in one of the towns ( furnished, etc ) and it was the same price if not better than a hostel or hotel. One of the sites I visited online also mentioned that if you ask the locals about vacanys and so one, usually you can find someone who has a sister or a grandmother renting rooms or apartments for dirt cheap.

I guess what I am saying is that no matter what, no matter how, I am visitng and exploring these towns for as long as I can. They are absolutely stunning!!

I don't know why I started this topic, I suppose it was the quickest and most clear way to solidify a Cinque Terre trip. It MUST be done.

That's all for now! bounce
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:34 pm

I found a somewhat informative site that has footpath maths, town maps, hostel / hotel informatin and contacts, useful events to look at, etc.

here is the address
http://www.cinqueterre.it/en/index.asp

I just like this site because it gives you a pretty good idea of what to do, where to stay etc.

One of the paragraaphs said that the "coastal path" will get you through all 5 towns in 5 hours, of course we'll probably want to spend a couple days doing the exploration, but at least the towns are all within walking distance of each other!!

I ABSOLUTELY cannot wait to visit there!! Somehow I am realising more and more how DIFFICULT it will be to return home.... we just don't know what the future holds!!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:38 pm

Question: In which one were you thinking we should stay??

If you were thinking Levanto then:
http://www.levanto.net/rentals/index.htm

If you were thinking Monterosso then:
http://www.bookings.org/hotel/it/villa-accini.html?aid=307778&lang=en&label=l_it&c_monterosso-al-mare

Vernazza?
http://www.cinqueterre.com/accommodations/eng/localita.php?localita=Vernazza

Manarola?
http://www.cinqueterre.com/accommodations/eng/localita.php?localita=Manarola

Or Corniglia?
http://www.cinqueterre.com/accommodations/eng/localita.php?localita=Corniglia

Perhaps Riomaggiore?
http://www.baranin.com/default.php?MainFile=005/riomaggiore/index.php

ok ill admit that i just looked up accomodations CinqueTerre without going into details. I did notice that the furnished apartments will sleep 6 people at the most. Im interested in this (also because food can be cheaper this way too instead of eating out 3 times perday).
ok
yes
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm

Yes, if the apartments are not that pricey ( and I assume they won't be ) then it would be cheaper in the long run to have a kitchen at our disposal so that we would not be tapping ourselves out on food.

We can work this out eventually, so much research to do..but such great research!!

And to answer your question Maria, I am not sure where would be the best place to stay. IF we do the whole weekend thing, which I am sure we could, we could walk half way and explore half the towns the first day & stay the night and then walk the rest of the way and explore and stay in another town ( the last depending on which end we start from ) the last night.

This of course only works if we want to stay all weekend ( I personally think I would like to devote a whole weekend exploring, what an incredibley beautiful place to see and only spend a little time there.) those are my thoughts anyway.

cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm

thanks Nikki for giving that link. after seeing those pictures, i can't wait to see these places! bounce
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:52 pm

I totally understand the sentiment. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY WE ARE GOING TO BE LIVING IN!!

I just keep reminding myself just how lucky I am!

The girlfriend of mine who went last year said that Jan - Mar was an awesome time to visit because like I said before, we will basically have these towns to ourselves and the other straggling tourists that turn up. We have such a golden opportunity to explore undaunted by mass crowds and hight tourist season prices on everything!

Cinque Terre, here we come!!

(I honestly would have never dreamed myself into such a place! cheers)
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:53 pm

I propose we go on the weekend in March where no one has nothing its OPEN -- Weekend is March 10th.
I know its early .. but I will send emails to the B&B in Levanto for the apartment (assuming that at least 6 people will be coming) to get some prices and availability. umm there was another apartment i was going to email/call

ill have to get back to ya on that one monkey (ok there is NO WAY that is a monkey!)
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:58 pm

Sounds awesome to me, you can count me is as one of the six, Hailey I know had mentioned doing this trip,

needless to say, I doubt we will have trouble finding a group of six. The nice thing about an apartment is that we are not paying per person ( I think ) and to split the cost between 6 is no problem.

I cannot wait, it is never to early to plan. March 10 is probably a great weekend since it will be warmer everywhre. Perhaps warm enough for a beach?? ( cheers )

Keep me posted Maria! I am so in I can almost feel the sea breeze curling my hair ( scratch )
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:07 pm

Ok so what I did was sent a request for any apartment available for 6 (or more people) for the Weekend of March 10 (arriving friday 9th) ( I suppose some will leave Monday some Sunday)
anyways thats, for now neither here nor there, all they asked was a name and an email address.
I will post as soon as I get an answer!

I know Nikki I want to live by the ocean sunny and well im in calgary Crying or Very sad

anyways. thus far i have got:
- Nikki
- Hailey
- Elise
- Maria
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:09 pm

I feel like THAT monday is as good a day to skip as any, some chances only come ONCE!!

( don't tell anyone I said that!)
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:13 pm

lol! i wont!

well correct me if im wrong.. but there are some of us that will be taking the field school right? because for us, theyre asking us to take sleeping bags.. that;s an extra person isnt it?
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:19 pm

oh wow skipping class...i'm probably the worst for that. i didn't skip one class until i got to university and now i'm horrible! Rolling Eyes

but thanks for emailing them Maria!

so does that leave us with one open weekend??
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:28 pm

Just some apartment research -

Villaggio Touristico La Francesca Cinque Terra 6 Bed private ensuite 31.64 CAD a night ( looks very nice )

La Dolce Vita Apartment, Cinque Terre, Italy ( Via Colombo, Riomaggiore)

4 Bed priv. ensuite 35.39CAD/a person per night
7 bed mixed dorm, ensuite 26.89CAD/ person per night

some ideas anyhow, everything is worth looking into I suppose!!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:36 pm

that looks good to me Nikki!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:50 pm

Ok, turning up some other spot ideas....
( all as per 6 people and they seem to be available march 9 -12 )

Appartamento Admiral
Levanto (SP)
( I think this works out to $90ish CAD for three nights

Appartamento Glicine
Levanto (SP)
about 87.60CAD for the weekend ( 250 meters from the beach )

Jus giving lots of ideas so as to explore our options, feel free to add on and find better deals too, I am sure they're out there.
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 11:53 pm

Ok I haven't been really keeping up with the posts, but from what I gather this trip sounds fun. Count me in. But someone please fill me in on this Thursday.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 7:44 am

Hey guys! I got a reply from one of the apartments (not per se, but you know what I mean). Admiral Apartment is available

http://www.levanto.net/rentals/admiral.htm

They didn't mention price.. I will write them back asking for this.

bounce sunny bounce sunny
Updated list:
Nikki, Hailey, Elise, Candace, Maria, Gabriella

Last edited by on Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 8:14 am

they look great Maria!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 9:20 am

Maria, if we are talking about the same apartment,
I think the price is roughly

Appartamento Admiral
Levanto (SP)
( I think this works out to $90ish CAD for three nights

That could be wrong though, you never reallu know with the internet. I am curious to see what price they come back to you with. All together, $90 CAD for three nights ( assuming we stay fri,sat,sun) is not bad for a furnished apartment. Lets see what happens!!

Another question I had was whether or not we wanted to find an apartment IN one of the 5 cities. What do we all think?? You might be able to tell me how far Levanto is from Cinque Terre, I am not sure.

AND, Lastly, I suppose this gives me an idea when to validate my railpass, if I validate from Jan 12, I Will be able to take my last train trip home on monday the 12. I guess that answers that!!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 9:35 am

i think these towns are pretty close from each other, we should stick to the "main" town(Levanto) not sure if it is tho...

yes i was going to post a response to you but i guess i forgot, because if you validate the pass from the 12 then you have until march 12 with fits to the friggin T with this trip.

i will post back once i get a response. If it is 90CAD for the three nights = 30 CAD per night (is this per person?) (= roughly 45.6 Euros).
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 9:49 am

yup. per person.

I think Levanto is a little bit north of the 5 towns if I am thinking clearly, but I read somewhere that all FIVE towns can be walked through in 5 hours so everything is close.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 10:01 am

One more handful of apartments to consider.

They all looked nice but none of these I will list had the price available.

Lobster Cottage ( funny name, BEAUTIFUL little house )
Apartment Corsaro ( has washing machine!)
Apartment Platano
Apartment Red Diamond

just to look at. Of course, these might not be available in the off season.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:13 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the plans for this weekend getaway but would love to join. I'll get all the info from people on Thursday and if anything happens before then put my name in as this will probably be my last and final weekend trip and most of the other weekends seem to be booked for me except one I think. Anyway I will talk to everyone thursday about this.

ciao ciao
bounce
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 12:47 pm

Hey guys,

I'm not planning on staying in the villages because I want to see Pisa and Genova that weekend as well.
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 12:24 am

Could somebody sum this up for the straggler here.

Positano and Cinque Terre are being planned as seperate trips right?

...when and with whom???
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinque Terre   Cinque Terre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinque Terre
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: