Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Positano

Go down 
+6
GabriellaPetrone
Olivia
Barbara
StephyS
Hailey Stern
~*elise*~
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am

I agree with Steph. I'm also already spending a weekend in 5-terre but I would Like to see everything else.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 4:17 pm

so i did some research for Positano. i was thinking about maybe doing it on the first weekend in march (2nd to the 5th).i found a really nice hostel in Positano http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.7763. you can't book it online, but you can email the hostel in order to book it.

i don't know how many people are interested in visitng this place, but it looks gorgeous and there are water taxis that we can even take to Capri for a day. let me know what you guys think!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 6:44 pm

elise that hostel has a curfew... silent
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Yes the curfew part sucks, but look how BEAUTIFUL it is! It says that the curfew varies between 12 and 3, so we should just e-mail and ask what it is for the beginning of march. Also, what does it mean about the 10-4 mid-day lockout? That if we leave we can`t come back until 4? Wierd.
I am very interested in this place, but I will look and see if there are other places that are more leniant and still look like they came straight out of a movie (featuring me standing on a sunlit balcony overlooking the sparkling water as the breeze comes in off of the sea....ocean....sea? Hmm, geography never was my strong suit...) sunny
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 10:38 pm

i didn't even realize that, sorry guys. but i will keep looking to see if there's anything else.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 11:15 pm

i found another one and it has no curfew. http://www.hostelbookers.com/booking/index.cfm

the only thing that i'm kind of questioning is how it's situated on a "green spot". so i'm thinking it's not exactly in Positano, which means we would have to worry about transportation. but i'll keep looking!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 11:26 pm

alright, i've been looking everywhere and there is nothing else that's available. there are a lot of hotels, but i can't find a room cheaper than like 135euros, which i don't know about you guys, but i can't afford. so if whoever is interested in going is ok with this last hostel, then we should book it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 2:28 pm

Elise, sorry im in the middle of finals, and i haven't been on top of this part of the trip. When will we be going? Whatever happened to Cinque TErre?
ok back to studying
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 2:52 pm

i don't know what's going on with Cinque Terre. Positano wouldn't be on that weekend though. it would be on the 2nd of March.
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2006 11:38 am

It says that it has a view over Positano, so is away from the noise of the city, which would be just fine by me. I imagine that we will probably be able to walk into town anyhow. It sounds perfect otherwise, the rooms look very well equipt, and it`s right on the water.
If you are booking a room (for 3 nights?) then count me in, we should jump on this ASAP as it is our only option and it would be sad if it booked up Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2006 2:22 pm

k, i booked a room for 4 people. Stephy, Maria and i. so there's one spot left for whoever wants it. just let me know!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2006 2:25 pm

also, just so we keep in mind, this place doesn't accept credit cards. so we need to bring cash.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2006 9:48 pm

As far as I know, I am in for being the fourth person. If that changes right away, I will tell you right away, but for the mean time, I think I am in. ( for the mean time means while I still think I have the money to be the fourth person.)

Anyhow, good luck on all upcoming exams and so on. We are almost done!!

Nik
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2006 10:06 pm

great, sounds good Nikki. so the room's now full.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2006 9:57 am

Elise thank you for booking the hostel:!: Has a decision been made about Cinque Terre?
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 9:49 pm

Elise, I am crazy. I am trying to map out a rough estimate of weekend expenses so I can somewhat budget what little money I have ( no, I really don't have that much money affraid ) and I can't remember if or what the cost is of the hostel you booked for the positano weekend? And what was it called??

Thanks a tonne!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 10:44 pm

hey Nikki!

ok so the place is called Holiday House Gilda and it's at 53.86$ can per night. i know, i've been trying to do the same thing. i figured this place was going to be the most expensive accomodation, but you can't beat the location.

hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 10:58 pm

Elise, thanks for the info!

Oh my god, I just looked this place up on the internet, I have decided. I am never leaving, IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! WHAT A FIND! Even fo 53 CAD, it is worth it, AGAIN, its BEAUTIFUL!

Ok, NOW, that feeling is beginning to creep into my being, that feeling that indicates to me where I Will be in less than two freakin' weeks!

ON a side note, this is totally a fluke, but I think we are roommates for 4 of the weekend-aways at least! Funny how that happens!

A very EXCITED nikki
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 11:03 pm

A place like that makes me want to spend my two extra weeks in a place like positano, that might be exactly what I'll do!

The nice thing (amoung many) is that we will be there in the spring so hopefully it should be a little warmer, I suppose being further south helps too!

Thanks again, I can't believe we get to be there!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 11:18 pm

i was actually just looking at that today! that'll be awesome. we'll be roomies for lots of weekends!! Very Happy

i can't believe it. we have like 18 days (17 in less than an hour lol) until we leave! oh god, that means i have to find a way to pack... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Positano - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positano   Positano - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Positano
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2