Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amalfi Coast

Go down 
+7
nanalouise
Hailey Stern
Merin
Candace Rogers
GabriellaPetrone
~*elise*~
Nikki
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:13 pm

Ok. There is one place ( location ) that I would love to visit. On a spare weekend, for a few days after the program, whatever. I just know, that I have to go.

Thats all, I just wanted to tell you that.

Oh yah, the place is ANYWHERE on the Amalfi Coast. Just look at some images on Google images, you will feel the same.....
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Positano   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:27 pm

I was thinking ( someday ) Positano. Positano, Italy. Yup. I would sure like to go!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 8:11 pm

i was actually looking at Positano a few days ago and was thinking that i would love to visit at some point while we're in Cortona. we should definetly make plans to go there!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Done Deal!   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 8:39 pm

I love when people are on the same page without even knowing it!!

I am glad there is some mutual interest. You know, if we do the wine club thing ( yes ) we will have to taste the wine ALL OVER the region ( Very Happy ) and thus, we will NEED to venture out, like to say, Positano!!

I am not sure when it would be a good time to go, in terms of time on weekends or after the program. We'll have to look into the distance away from Cortona. If it's close enough ( it might not be ) a weekend trip would be awesome. But I am not picky, and I am rather spontaneous!

Elise are you going to be in Italy or Europe for any duration after the program??? I am there until the 2nd of April so I have time after too.

We'll talk!

Nikki
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:38 pm

hey nikki!

i'm also doing some travelling afterwards with Marissa and Dominika, til April 14th when i fly out of Rome. i'm going to do some research to see how far Positano is from Cortona.

are you travelling with anyone after the program? where are you planning on going?? because we can always use more travel buddies!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:52 pm

Evening Elise!

Gabriella and I had planned to do some travelling together after the program for the period of time that I had originally told you about. We do not have any concrete plans, I am always leary about making more concrete plans ahead of time than I have to. So much can happen to alter a trip when there are thousands of miles between departure and destination.

So what I am trying to say is that I would love to figure out the travel plans everyone is thinking about and be an extra travelling buddy, the more the merrier and I am sure Gabriella would not object to extra company either.

As far as the "WHERES" after the program, uuuuummm anywhere I can afford pretty much. I think Paris is an absolute must, we're so bloody close, Greece? Spain? Germany? ( My sister has been to Frankfurt and Munich and she keeps raving about those places ). I would also like to see more of Italy, the parts I don't see during the program. I am interested in seeing the towns and cities off the beaten track as I am sure they promise to offer a real dosage of Italian culture. As I said though, I am flexible, and I would like to see what Gabriella has her heart set on.

But, count me in for a travelling buddy at some point in the trip!
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:55 pm

hey elise and nikki,

I just happened to read the last few posts and ya i agree the more travelling buddies we have the better. I too do not want to make too many concrete plans ahead of time. Once we get there we can decide when and where. Totally exicted!!!! cyclops (lol)
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:58 pm

yeah those are pretty much the same places that we were thinking of going. my brother's been to Spain, said it's incredible.

ok, so for Positano. it's actually close to Naples, just a little farther south. we can take the train down to Pompeii (which looks like the closest stop to Positano) then i imagine we can take a bus from there. as for how long that'll take, i'm still trying to figure that out...
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:00 pm

sounds great to me just remember that Naples is a bit sketchy and not the best place to travel to. I am sure if we don't travel around Naples at night and we won't be a lone ever then we should be totally fine.
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:00 pm

hey ladies, Amalfi looks so so nice! I also will be around until the 12th ish of April. (I too like travelling buddies.)

Last edited by on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:01 pm

Ahhhhh....

Positano. Have you seen "Under the Tuscan Sun"? I believe that some of the film was shot in Positano. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I can look at ( for referance at least ) some hostels and hotels in that area and see what the prices and locations will be like.

I think we're there in the off season ( no tourists, except us I suppose ) and the rates should be good, not to mention that we will have pretty much everywhere we go to ourselves aside from the locals. What a wonderful world!!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:08 pm

Hi Girls,
Positano and the Amalfi Coast looks really nice, i'd definetly be down for doing a trip there. Again, not one on concrete plans but whenever you plan on going i'll be there. Do we have any idea when the best time would be to go? Jan? March?
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:21 pm

Positano is on my must see list! It's really close to Naples, which is about 5 hours from Cortona I believe. I'm around until the 16th of April so maybe we could go there once it starts to warm up a bit?
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:22 pm

Ok lets clarify something, we are ALL travelling buddies, the more the merrier, look out Italy here we come, lets see everything we can see while we still have clothes on our backs and money in our pockets, well, at least we should have clothes on our backs... tongue

When I mention travelling somewhere, there is an unwritten, unspoken invitation for everyone and anyone to join, we will be a "family" while in Italy right! So, pack your bags, get those passports stamped and we will see Italy together!

Nik
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:58 pm

I'm bumming around Europe til the middle of April, well that is if I don't go broke and have to sell my skills, like dancing a mean jig.(man what's with all the old references) Basically what I'm saying is................I would love to join this traveling circus of canadians! I don't have definate plans but I want to go to Greece, and Paris, OH how I love Paris! Actually I want to go everywhere........AHHHHHHHH so excited
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:01 pm

We ARE a travelling circus, and thus far I have heard no better term to describe this excited mass of worldy scholars!

I don't have to wear spandex though....right??? affraid
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:02 pm

umm actually you do, hot pink spandex pants, don't worry though, you get a green tutu.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 8:58 am

hey guys! I am definitely up for travelling aNYWHERE, I mean we are already there!!
After the program I will be going 4 weeks to paris and 2 in spain then Im back to Cortona to do the fieldschool and then im staying in Italy (and around) until august 27th.. so yea Im up for anything!
btw if anyone wants to join me to Paris and Spain I have family in paris and friends in Spain (= free stay) Wink also my friend from bologna is coming along to spain, this should be rather interesting
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:12 am

wow that sounds amazing maria! i'm sooo jealous, although i'll be lucky to not go broke before the middle of april!

oh and Nikki, i have seen Under The Tuscan Sun (love it!), and part of it was filmed in Positano.

Candace you are totally welcome to come travel with Marissa, Dominika and i once we're finished in Cortona!
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 11:29 am

grrr, everyone gets to staty after the semester except me. Mad

Cant do it, just cant, but I m going to travel as much as possible during the trip. In fact I am going to fly to London on one of the weekends.
Its only $150. toundtrip from Rome to London. Who knows, this might be the closest I ever get.

Anyone else up for that?!
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:11 pm

My post-term travel plans keep changing but if we don't make it to Carthage I'm definitely going there. Then a brief time in Greece and about a week in Egypt, another couple weeks to hit a few places in Germany and France (and hopefully a day or two at Auschwitz in Poland), and finally a week or so to see a few places in the UK (mostly England but a touch of Scotland too).

Of course, all of this doesn't even get started until after some serious Italian exploration with our group.
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:27 pm

Barbara (or should I say roomy), I will totally go to London with you! Also I have all kinds of friends and realtives there so we will be well taken care of (even if it means sleeping on the floor).
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:38 pm

Hey Candace, This is going to be great! As for sleeping on floor-I doubt I would notice considering all the clouds I am on!
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Nikki

Nikki

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 4:54 pm

Allo allo, I too am in for London. I am pretty much up for just about anything, anywhere someone might suggest!

Barbara, even though I will remain abroad for a week or two after the program, I understand the frustration with not being able to stay as long as we want. I will be lucky if I can EVEN afford travel to the airport after the program finishes so I am up for "field" trips DURING the program to accomodate everyone's schedule and budget. The cheaper, the better.. I can survive on bread and water, honest!.....

If I have the funding, I don't see myself turning down ANY opportunities that will not come my way again ( or at least for a very long time.)

So, just know that if there's ever a need for an extra travelling buddy ( and there are still no moths flying out of my wallet) then I am IN ~!!!

Uh, yes. That is all on that note for now.

On a side note, irrelavent, I want to go to cypress, and see a donkey....
( no the donkeys here are not the same, these would be foreign donkeys, ooooohhhh!)
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:31 pm

i'm definetly in for london too! and, like nikki mentioned, the cheaper the better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amalfi Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amalfi Coast   Amalfi Coast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amalfi Coast
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: