Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Venice Carnival

Go down 
+14
Mike
Jessica
Olivia
nanalouise
Merin
StephyS
David
Christina
Hailey Stern
Candace Rogers
Marissa
MariaPaula
Dave Beck
Barbara
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Venice Carnival - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 10:14 pm

ok perfect. i'm going to go ahead and book that room for the four of us then.

Elise
Dominika
Mike
Nikki
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 12:31 pm

hey guys, i got an email today from Meg, who would like to join us in Venice... she might be a little out of the loop and she just wanted to add herself to the list.. does anyone have any spots free for the reservations?
if so.. can you get in touch with her? this is her e-mail:
mhilker@ualberta.ca

i replied that she should look at the forum and to all of the previous posts so that maybe she can get up to date.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 12:35 pm

WOAH! I was Busy all weekend and only check the forum now.
Is there anyone else who hasn't book a room yet? Or is there anyone who still has space in a room for me?

I'll e-mail Meg.
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 8:26 pm

Ok I'm now booking a room for Meg and I. Any one else who needs a room should e-mail me (crogers@ualberta.ca) by 6pm on Tuesday. I'll try and see what I can find at the other 2 hostels mentionned. If I can't find anything at those ones it's going to be HI hostel. How did this whole thing get so complicated? ha ha o well.
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 pm

to the couple of people who asked how they could pay me back-dont even think about it untill we see each other-I'm not worried. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Masks...Costumes????   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:52 pm

I was skimming over the e-mails just now. How many people can actually afford the whole costume?? I am MORE than up for masks for Carnivale but I have to decide between a costume and food for a week ( or two! )Ha ha.

Anyhow, just curious as to the nature of our attendance, I realise that everyone will do exactly what is within their means but an idea of what is going down would be lovely!

Masks for Carnivale, wonderful!!

By the way, I recall reading someone's suggestion for Carnivale literature, are there any other suggestions for reading material in preperation for that weekend?? Just curious, it would be nice to some backgroud knowledge before going!!

Thanks to Elise for booking me in with you guys for the Venice weekend! I had no idea that was going on, or perhaps I am just a little off at the moment! Wow, I how many exclamation marks can one person use in a note! ( ha ha ha ha.)

No, I am not crazy......

Nikki
Back to top Go down
David

David

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 11:35 pm

I tried to catch up with things but just to double check--everyone is booked at this Hotel Villa Dori on the mainland for Friday/Sat. night at 20 euros a night?
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 12:20 am

yes dave, that's the right place. But when I booked it it was 20 for the Friday night and 40 for the Saturday night. I still have one spot left in my room with Leah and Meagan Hilker if anyone wants in...
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:48 am

wow a lot has been posted here! I'm a little confused. Could someone who knows whats going down write a list of the rooms with the ppl in it? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 12:00 pm

As far as I can tell, this is the tally

Barbara
Merin
Maria
Dave Beck
Stephy

Hailey
Nanalouise
Olivia
Jessica
Marissa
Gabriella Petrone
Christina O'Dell

Elise
Dominika
Mike
Nikki

Candace
Leah
Meagan
(empty spot)

I know David inquired into the situation but I don’t know if he has a room yet.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 2:43 pm

Well Nikki I think I wrote something about readings about the Carnivale, I am a little bit of a nerd so I recalled some plays that we read in english this summer one play is called The Rover (author unknown) and its completely set in Venice during the carnevale. The other is Merchant of Venice, I have not read this one but I've been told it runs along the same lines as the Rover.
Other than that I have just been told that its a lot of people, its drinking on the streets and wearing a mask to pretend you are someone else. There is a lot of iconography about masks and if anyone has read Pirandello then they can relate totally.
.. yes I think that is all i meant to say.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Thank you~!   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 6:08 pm

Very Happy Thanks for the literature info. I am definately up for some reading ahead of time, thats what I do, I read...ummmmmm....

Anyhow, venice room lists look good, did we decide to just do the payment thing once in Italy?? I recall that for some reason. Correct me if I have been mislead.

To think, in less than two months ( quite a bit less ) we will be away from our homes, living in Italy. I still can't believe it...

Nik

cyclops what with this face??? interesting....
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:19 pm

so have the rooms for the Hotel Villa Dori been booked yet??? it is probably posted somewhere here but I didn't find it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 8:30 pm

well i know for sure that mine has been booked already!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:29 pm

cyclops Mike from Monsters Inc. lol
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:36 pm

cyclops Thanks for the clarification, why didn't I think of that!!

Nik
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 11:58 am

Gabriella,

Lets see,
Hailey (7 person room), Candace (4), Elise (4) and I (5) have all booked already.
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

PostSubject: Thanks your interest but...   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:39 pm

We are no longer accepting applications for the last spot in Candace's room. The competiton was fierce and I would like to thank all of the participant (yes singular) for their interest in joining our dynamicly awesome party room. The rest of you are missing out.
Candace's Official room list:
Candace
Leah
Meg Hilker
Meaghan Goebel

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venice Carnival   Venice Carnival - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venice Carnival