Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Milan Anyone?

Go down 
+9
ianmccarthy
MariaPaula
~*elise*~
StephyS
nanalouise
Nikki
Hailey Stern
Barbara
Candace Rogers
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-11-19

Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Yah, I'd definitely be interested in going back to Milan- didn't really get to see too much of it. Two summers ago I got to see Van Morisson in concert there which was pretty awesome. The Duomo is also very impressive Very Happy.
As far as shopping goes the best sales are on in January (also in July I think they have some), just something to consider and also there are I think three malls farily near to Florence which have Prada and other designer outlets. When I told one of my friends who had done the program before that I was going this was the first thing she told me (along with bring a hot water bottle).

Mike
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 6:04 pm

I`ve noticed while booking hostels that alot are filling up, fast. So I think that although it takes away from the spontenaity of these adventures we should really be organized and book rooms, or else we will end up sleeping in the park albino rendeer cat
The weekends that are not taken up by outtings so far are Jan.12-14, Jan.26-28, Feb.23-25, and Mar.2-4. They are all after half-day trips to Rome for one class or another, so I assume we would all just leave from Rome in the afternoon together. I looked a little bit for the cheapest hotels/hostels in Milan and they range from 30-80 dollars a night. So I know that some people wanted to go see soccer games, do you know when they are in particular? We might as well go on a weekend when there is a game going on - and maybe I will re-kindle my childhood love for soccer Basketball
Anyhow, we`ll see what works best around everyone else`s trips, and if anyone with a four day weekend wants to stay for some monday sale-shopping with me then that would be grand...
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 9:21 pm

As Stephy as pointed in two occasions already if we don't book for a hostel we will be "sleeping in the park" I looked in hostels.com and I couldn't find avalability for the dates left.. or am I missing something? scratch At either rate, we should start looking for a place to stay.
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 9:28 pm

There are a whole bunch of availabilities listed for hotels as well as hostels on www.hostelworld.com, you really have to pick through them though, some look a little less than fantastic
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Since it was mentionned that the sales are in January, I think we should go then. Also it's right at the beginning of the trip so I won't be dipping into food funds yet! Wink So it seams like Florence is happeneing the weekend of the 19th. How do we feel about the 12th for Milan?

Last edited by on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 10:25 pm

Gabriella,
OH my gosh, I watch the bachelor too...actually i'm watching it right now! I want him to pick Sadie FYI.

And about Milan...... I am so freaking excited!
I'd go even if I had to sleep on a park bench......although that wouldn't be my preference. Hahah
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:00 pm

ok so i don't know if it's just me, but it says that there are no hostels available for the weekend of the 12th! that was in january right?? anyways, i hope someone has some better luck at finding something, hopefully on a weekend that there's a soccer game going on.
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:17 pm

looks good to me!! wanna be roomies again??!!
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:24 pm

This one looks good, it has one of the best ratings and it`s not too expensive either. I`d be cool with going here for the weekend of the 12th (right?) this way I don`t have to pack as many clothes from home because I`ll be able to re-stock within a few days of arrival! Hehe. If anyone wants to go for the three-person room, which is the cheapest, then I will join you cherry
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:27 pm

ya stephy we can definetly do a 3 person room for the weekend of the 12th. do we want to stay the sunday night too again?? that might be better...more time to shop! would you be able to book it for the 3 of us? i've almost maxed out my credit card already No
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:28 pm

Hehe, yep I will do it right away. And I understand, I just finished paying off my MC bill from the summer and now its looming over me again Embarassed
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:31 pm

thank you so much stephy! i can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:35 pm

Ok I'm starting a room for the 12th of January at the same place too. Who's in?
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Candace I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 11:58 pm

Ok were booked for a double room nana!
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 12:04 am

THank you Candace!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 8:17 am

Definitely!! Thanks Elise and Stephy.. also if you want I can book this one. It shouldn't be a problem! cyclops
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 9:21 am

i believe Stephy already took care of booking the room Maria. i'm pretty sure she did...
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 12:23 pm

Yes I did, we are all set cheers
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 2:02 pm

cheers yay! thank you Stephy!
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 6:25 pm

thanks Stephy!!
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 7:28 pm

Ok looking to start another room at the same place...Is anyone else in????? anyone at all? or can i get into a room somehow let me know...
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 7:31 pm

Nana,

I totally wanted Sadie to win and I thought she was so cute for him.

Omg and the next Bachelor is pretty fine and he is in the navy I mean e could definitely hold up his own. Seeing prince Lorenzo's family on the t.v I was like I am soon going to be right there in rome. Ahhhhhh. he he I am a nut for those kind of shows.

So how is the 10pager coming for our Soc class???

later
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 10:32 pm

Ok, now I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed too. I'm not sure where I'd fit into this but I'm certainly up for going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milan Anyone?   Milan Anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milan Anyone?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: