Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ISIC (International Student Identity Card)

Go down 
+4
Barbara
nanalouise
ianmccarthy
GabriellaPetrone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Empty
PostSubject: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:44 pm

so I know that getting one of these cards was suggested at the orientation meeting. Has anyone actually gotten one yet? and if so how is the process?
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:52 pm

hey Gabriella,

i got mine through my student admin center. i would think most schools if not all in canada offered the card. if ya cant find it, email like your student service dept. and they should be able to tell ya

Ian
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:57 pm

Awesome, I will do that
Thanks ian
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:08 pm

They have them at Travel Cuts in SUB, (I'm assuming you go to the UofA) I think it's 16 dollars for the card, you need a picture too, like passport sized. They do pictures there for 4 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:12 pm

I did not hear about this-do I need this besides my normal school ID?
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:18 pm

Barbara,

the card is basically proof that you are a full time student and there are certain privaledges that come with the card. Better hostel ratings, tour deals, I think it lowers admission costs to tourist attractions, museums and so on. I am not sure how much they affect the costs of certain things but the card is cheap and using it once or twice would almost make it worth while just to have in a wallet.

Having said all that, I don't have one yet, but I think I might grab one!

nik
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:03 am

hey! I already got my card but so far i have not used it in Calgary.. not even at Stampede. But Travel Cuts said that it is really useful for cheaper train tickets, museum entrances, etc... So yeah I think it's best to get one.
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:35 am

This ISIC is really useful. Even in Canada you can use it to get cheaper train tickets. I bought one for a trip I just took to Toronto so I could take the train to Kingston. Its already saved me about 25 dollars.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 1:59 pm

wow thanks everyone and nana thats awesome info, yes I do go to the university of alberta and so I will have to stop in at SUB one day this week. I think getting one of these cards is totally benefical. Anyway to save a dollar or two.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 7:45 pm

There is also a Travel Cuts in HUB mall too, which is a little easier to walk to if you dont have classes anywhere near SUB. You need a school declaration that you are a full time student and a passport sized photo. Travel Cuts can make your ISID in less then two minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISIC (International Student Identity Card)   ISIC (International Student Identity Card) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISIC (International Student Identity Card)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: