Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)

Go down 
+11
Candace Rogers
~*elise*~
GabriellaPetrone
Dominika
Marissa
Hailey Stern
nanalouise
Merin
Barbara
Olivia
Nikki
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Empty
PostSubject: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:39 am

At the risk of sounding like a lush I would still like to propose the idea of wine/food tasting night, you know, a regularly occuring event ( whatever regular may be) as to learn and enjoy the various wines and their equally wonderful food pairings. I can only assume that we will be repeatedly going on outings anyway, drinking, eating, socializing, ( all the while upholding the respect and approval of the Cortona townspeaople of course) but I thought it would be lovely idea to have a social event to attend on a certain day or evening. This would give anyone interested a wonderful opportunity to discuss homework, practice Italian and of course, get to know one another more!

Perhaps this is just a well organised exscuse to taste wine and eat copious amounts of food. ( But when have I needed an exscue to eat great food...)

Whatever it is, I like it!

Nik
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:33 am

lol, ya that sounds like fun. Also maybe before Christmas we could all meet again, go out for coffee or something??
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:38 am

I read somewhere online (why don’t I ever bookmark these places) That a bottle of wine in Cortona is as cheap as a glass of coke in the US. At least I know that even with my limited budget, I will still be living like a queen. Paying for food, well, that not as important right?

Seriously, I’m looking to get the full experience of the place and while normally I would restrict myself to nothing but peanut-butter sandwiches, I cant imaging living in Italy without enjoying every delight the place, food, wine has to offer.
That of course, includes good company.
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 1:23 pm

I think the idea of meeting regularly and enjoying the different wines cortona (and around) has to offer sounds like a great idea. Plus its a good excuse to get together without getting drunk and stupid. My boyfriend will be so impressed after i get back as we regularly share half a bottle of wine but are often disapointed because neither of us know very much about the differences between them!
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Ok ok I'll admit it, the way I choose a bottle of wine, is by the label. I know nothing about them, and do end up with some really crappy bottles but hey they do look pretty. I'm all for aquiring some knowledge about a good tasting wine, and not so much the pretty bottled ones.

Olivia I like your idea about all of us meeting before leaving, well not all of us since some are not in Edmonton, but now getting the time to do it, that will be the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 5:18 pm

To be honest not only do I not know anything about wine, but I don't particularily like it! But it's an acquired taste, right?! Well I guess we'll find out. It would definitely be fun to get together for wine tasting and such. And I'm up for meeting before Chistmas as well.
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 6:04 pm

Great idea Nikki about the wine club! I would also like to try out what the country has to offer.
As for meeting before Christmas- I'd love to do this if we could find a time that would work. How about right after classes are over but before finals start?
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Woohoo!!   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 6:13 pm

WOOHOO wine club!

You know that show, I am admitting that I am a Food Network junky, or actually two shows, The Thirsty Traveller, ( awesome ) and This Wine That Food?? Well, I thought we could have our own versions!!

Ahhhhh.. music to my ears!

cheers

Nik
Back to top Go down
Dominika

Dominika

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 6:49 pm

Hello all.

I love the idea of this. my boyfriend and i have been to fourth and vine (a wine bar on 104 Ave by the safeway there) a couple times and they do wine tastings all the time. its fairly inexpensive and they do know their wines so im sure we would learn lots from them. they take the time to explain a little about each wine when they give it to you. they also have REALLY good chocolate mousse and their menu looks great too.

Dominika
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:13 pm

hey all,

wow way to go Nikki with the Wine Club!!! and I love the idea of everyone meeting way after exams around christmas for coffe or something and just discuss any last plans before we leave home.

What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 8:24 pm

what a good idea! probably one of the best clubs ever invented if you ask me lol. so i'm in on that. i love wine and i've gone on several wine tasting tours, but i'm not an expert whatsoever.

i'm also up for meeting after exams are done. that way we can actually get excited about the trip without worrying that we have to study.

when is everyone done exams?? the 14th is my last exam.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:40 pm

my last exam is late this year... Dec 20th
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:11 pm

How about we meet at the wine bar that Dominika was talking about? Then we can have our first "session" there!?
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:17 pm

This sounds like so much fun! Count me in!
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:18 pm

Well, I think this wine club is coming along swimmingly! I am more than up for that, count me in, yes, ok!

Go Team Vino!
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:54 pm

If you set date to get together before the 20th then I will absolutely come - any excuse to get out of the house is just wonderful Like a Star @ heaven However I am leaving on the 20th for two weeks for a family vacation in hawaii, then I get back home on the 5th and am on the plane to Italy on the 6th - so crazy! So REALLY I have to be completely prepared to go with bags packed for both trips in less than a month - BAAAHHHH! It`s almost too much for my brain to handle....man, I am going to have some serious jet lag...
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:05 pm

I'm in for wino club. I mean Wine Club...hahah

Umm Stephanie,
SOO JEALOUS! HAWAII! then Italy, wow your friends must hate you! lol!
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:07 pm

Everyone getting together BEFORE Italy?! Wow

I'll be there-in spirit.

Get it? Spirit=wine.

never mind, definitely time for bed.
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:15 pm

oh snap!! I'm not a wino..... ( at least not on weekdays...!!)

All I know is that Cabernet Sauvignon is spicier than merlot and that my boyfriends dad makes the best, I mean (the BOMB baby) red wine I have ever got my hands on. And although I love him dearly ( talking about boyfriends dad now, )I realise that his wine may come into competition as I Will be nestled, I mean nestled, in wine country!

Dr. Zen Zen makes a most notable collection of wine,
a wonderful red. The reisling is to-die-for and whatever they sell in the blue bottles is heaven on your tongue. Great Italien red called MASI, OH MAMA! and then there's....

....oh, not doing much to convince you I am a not a wino eh?? Oh well, who am I kidding! ( But seriously kids, you don't drink wine to get drunk, you drink wine to experience a journey, that's right, a journey.. of a grape.... whether its a white grape or a red one, on its way from vine ripened infancy to the majestic and honourable end of juicing and subsequently fermentation and THEN eventually into my glass where we taste the love and juice ( love juice???) oh god... I'll stop now. Nana, your parents are not on crack, I am on crack....

ha ha ha, three months with me in Italy folks, now's your chance to run away!!

nikki
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:01 am

rofl!! Nikki you are way to funny, and I agree with you in that Sauvignon's are the best red wines, I have yet to find a good white wine that makes me stand back.. but I hope that'll change in Italy
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:17 pm

okay so if we all wanna meet, someone posted to meet before exams would Thursday Dec.7th work?? or after most exams on Friday Dec 15th?? and would people be interested in going out for coffee or going out on a wine expedition?? I'm personally up for either.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:33 pm

friday the 15th sounds good to me! (i feel the same way about the way about the wine too!) i just need to know fairly soon, so that i can book off work.
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:02 pm

I cant on the 15th I work and I already booked too much time off of work. I am surprised my boss hasnt chopped my head off yet. 7th would be better on my end.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:09 pm

Either day would actually be good for me. Whatever works out better for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:45 pm

7th is much better for me. I'm not exams until the 18th and am heading up to the mountains for christmas on the 19th. Coffee or the wine place sounds good to me. Kopio coffee in COllege Plaza by the U is kind of a neat little spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)   Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wine Club ( I know this sounds wrong!)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: