Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Running

Go down 
+12
GabriellaPetrone
Dominika
Olivia
David
Barbara
MariaPaula
StephyS
Merin
~*elise*~
Marissa
nanalouise
Hailey Stern
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Running Empty
PostSubject: Running   Running Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 8:21 pm

So I know Nana likes long walks on the beach, but does anyone like medium-length runs in the Tuscan countryside? I usually go running a couple times a week to keep in shape, and would like to keep going while I'm in Italy. Not only will it be a good way to explore the area, but also keep the pasta pounds off! If anyone would be interested in joining me, let me know Smile.
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Number of posts : 42

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 9:51 pm

Hahaha hey man are you knocking my long walks on the beach?
I'll be honest I've let my running slide these last 2 months. But it is a good idea to keep the pasta pounds off. Crap now this means I gotta bring my running shoes. Wow packing is going to be a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 pm

Wow so weird... I was thinking of posting a topic on running too! I'd love to have a little running club! There would be more of a drive on my part to stay in shape if I had others to run with. I'm in for sure
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 10:17 pm

yeah, actually it might be a good opportunity for me to get back into running too. i'm definetly in.
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 8:09 am

Count me in for the running club! i usually run about once a week but i was thinking about getting into it more since i doubt there will be much swimming or rockclimbing in cortona to keep me in shape!
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Yeah I`d be up for (attempting) to run a bit too - I might not make it very far before I collapse though. I`ve only ever run randomly in the summers sometimes but get bored easily so can never stick with it. I guess I`ll have to do something to fill my time though, and distract me from how much I miss riding my horse Crying or Very sad I`ve always been so busy and packed my agenda completely full that I don`t know what I`m going to do in Cortona with all the spare time!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 1:35 pm

hey, i think its great to go for a run, however i am slow and would probably drag the team down. So if anyone is interested in just walking around or slow jogs then I am up for that
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 5:02 pm

I have always wanted to run, but never liked the idea of going alone, so this would be perfect. I think I will start with Maria and work my way up though.
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
David

David

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 10:02 pm

I was thinking of running every day to keep in shape so I'm in.
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 11:16 pm

maria i totally feel the same way, so i will definetly join you walking/jogging. it's been awhile since i've ran, so it'll take me a bit to get back into it.
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 12:07 am

I guess great minds think alike Marissa! Hey Steph that's cool you ride horses - I do too! What kind of riding do you do? And Merin, I've only gone rock climbing once before, but I would definitely be willing to give it a try if we can find somewhere to go! This is really cool we've got a little running club going! I'm excited! But be prepared for hills, I've been told there's lots of them!
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 8:57 am

Thats great Hailey that you'd be up for giving climbing a try. Right now there's not tons because its winter so the rock is wet and cold but i hear that Jan/feb is perfect for climbing on Sardinia. I'll look into it more when we get there and maybe we can give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:42 am

Ya i'm in too, but probably on the slow jog team. I usually only jog in the summer, when I'm not dancing. And I probably won't be able to dance that much there so ya I'm in. I'm also into some team sport games: soccer, capture the flag, but we'll probably only have the equipment to play soccer. I'm also an avid dodgeball player, but I don't think that will be able to happen... too bad. So much fun!
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:42 am

Ya i'm in too, but probably on the slow jog team. I usually only jog in the summer, when I'm not dancing. And I probably won't be able to dance that much there so ya I'm in. I'm also into some team sport games: soccer, capture the flag, but we'll probably only have the equipment to play soccer. I'm also an avid dodgeball player, but I don't think that will be able to happen... too bad. So much fun!
Back to top Go down
Dominika

Dominika

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 6:53 pm

hahah this is hilarious. im in for the occasional run although i dont even remember the last time i went for a run.. so slower team for me....
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:15 pm

once and a while I'd be up for a little exercise...hate running so the slower team for me as well

Everyone has covered all the bases it looks like on here!!!
Back to top Go down
stephanie

Number of posts : 4

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:00 pm

hey guys,

I'm up for running too. haha, we're going to look so ridiculous, it'll be great
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:08 pm

I was just thinking that-I wonder if Cortona has ever seen a dozen or so girls trying to run up hill...I read that Cortona has only ONE level street!

ouch
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:26 pm

The Italians are going to think we are absolutely ridiculous.... what a way to announce our presence! The world has never seen this before! It's gonna be awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Hehe, I think running on level ground is hard enough, oh dear this will be interesting...

Hailey - I ride english, mainly Eventing and Jumpers, and it definately consumes my life! I actually looked into places that I could maybe ride there but there are only a couple touristy rent-a-horse places in the area, no competition barns. Even so maybe it would be fun (if it isn`t too expensive) for some of us to go sometime.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 8:41 pm

What's this "running" you all speak of??? lol!

Ha ha ha, joking...no really, I am joking.

I am not much of a runner, in fact, every morning I go to work ( especially when its cold like it is today ) I always stop and wonder at the runners, freezing their butts off running in three feet of snow. Why, oh why???

In terms of Cortona and running, I have NO questions though, the looming insermountable ( but awesome ) amount of pasta we will consume is enough even to motivate me to join the female running brigade entertaining the locals with our hopeful plight to return home the same size we left. Count me in, that is, until I die of a heartattack on a Cortona street somewhere after my billionth bowl of pasta for dinner! tongue

If I die, burry me there, ( in Cortona, not on the street ) and have my marker read :
"Here lies Nikki.
Past-a her prime!"

what the hell does that mean????
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 10:10 pm

That just made my day! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh come on running is fun! Very relaxing Smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 10:33 pm

Relaxing? Ha! The last time I ran on purpose was when I was trying to convince someone that I had not actually tripped…which I had.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 10:43 pm

The last time I was running was.....uhhh, well, summer.. Imagine, there is a warm summer breeze, the wind carries the soft scent of...petunias? and with that soft scent, the beautiful sound of..... the Dickee Dee Boy!! Man, you gotta be fast to catch those guys!

Ok, joking, but seriously, ( I could not have written a more contradictory opening sentence ) I can't remember the last time I ran. Lets not get carried away and say that I don't attempt to be healthy, I am gym goer and I tend to swim when I have spare time. But running, man. It just has pain written all over it, but, if thats the consensus, I can think of no better place in the world to join a running club. So, bring it on Cortonian Hills, I shall smight thee with my sneaker!! ( or sneaker(s) I suppose!cheers
Back to top Go down
Christina

Number of posts : 5

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2006 1:27 am

This is Awesome!!!!

I too am a runner, and since i can't bring my tap shoes with me, it was the only thing i could think of to counteract all that pasta! I am glad there are so many of us that are interested!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: