Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introductions

Go down 
+16
Christina
David
GabriellaPetrone
Olivia
Jessica
Merin
StephyS
~*elise*~
nanalouise
Hailey Stern
Candace Rogers
Barbara
Marissa
MariaPaula
ianmccarthy
Dave Beck
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Introductions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Introduction...finally.....   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:01 pm

Ok. I have made it to the forum! And I don't mean the one in Rome either!! ( Ok, first tip about me, I tend to be a little corny.....not the kernal kind either.....oh my god, where is the giant hook to take me off the stage....)

Anyhow. Introductions you say?? Nikki Gordey here. Edmonton born,
St. Albert raised. Taurus ( very stubborn...) Blonde hair ( natural ) blue eyes, short, ummm. I am currently working on my fourth year of a BA, comparative literature major, english minor. I have a very intimate and close relationship with....my camera.. AND more importantly, Brock, my eventual fiance, husband, the whole deal. ( He's the one in the picture next to the blonde short curly haired girl, that's me... is that picture even visible? I couldn't find anything better on my computer) I love wine, good rich bold fruity colorful jewel red wine! So on that note I invite anyone of my new found traveling buddies to join me for a series of wine tasting outings ( no you party animals, not a drunken pub mess ) but rather an exciting and educational journey from puny inexperienced wine drinker to learned and confident wine connoisseur.. ( I keep trying to convince myself I know what I am talking about but I have a little feeling that Italy may teach me a few things!!!)

What else do I say, ooh yes. This may actually come in handy over the three months of the program, although I hope not, I am a Red Cross Trained First Aid instructor on the weekends, ( well all the time I suppose ) and I work as a florist and giftware junky at Hole's Greenhouse in St. Albert. I am not sure that I have other details that would be of interest but I think I have given enough to suffice for now.

I Planned for this trip for YEARS, literally, but only in my mind, it is a reality now and it still hasn't hit me yet. First trip to Europe, woah.
I am looking forward to nothing right now so much as meeting all of you finally IN Italy. This is truly a dream come true, looking forward to everything!
( I think I write to much when I get excited... so sorry....!!)

Nikki
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm

I am with you Niki on some wine tasting! I cant say as that i know much about wine other than i love it but here's to finding out more!
Back to top Go down
Barbara
Admin
Barbara

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:57 am

I would love some wine tasting partners. I read that Cortona has several wine bars that I cant wait to try. But as you said Nikki, I’m not a fan of getting drunk. For me, its all about the experience-I have no wish to dull even a minute of it!
Back to top Go down
https://cortona.rpg-board.net
Dominika

Dominika

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:02 pm

Hi!

I'm Dominika. I'm in 3rd year biological sciences. you're probably asking yourself why a biology major (who loves anything to do with how the human body works) is going to cortona... well i love to travel and i figured what better way to take arts courses than in context and not just from a textbook.... and my friend anna went last year and she had the most amazing time!!

im so excited to go although i dont know how i'll manage this whole writing of papers deal: the only papers i have written in my U of A education were lab reports and well 3 enlgish essays... HAHHA. this is going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
stephanie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:20 pm

hey guys!

my name is stephanie and I just turned 19. I'm in arts, and I'm finishing up my second semester of a double major in classics and psych. I heard about the program last year and figured it would be a great way to get some classics credits and actually see all the things I've been learning about. I've also always wanted to go to italy so this seemed like the perfect opportunity

I too am a soccer fan, so I'm definitely down for going to some games!
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 9:34 pm

stephanie,

sweet another soccer fan. This will be a blast. Do you follow italian soccer much?
Back to top Go down
stephanie

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 11:20 pm

haha, probably not as much as you seem to, but I do my best to keep up
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 1:46 pm

no don't even worry about it, I am kinda obessed with a couple teams. lol. not maybe people follow italian soccer at all so thats exicting.
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 2:39 pm

i am an italian soccer (calcio) fanatic. my weekends always include watching/listening to soccer whether its in english or italian haha

i cant wait to get to see some games again!
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:53 pm

oh I know, my parents are telling me to bring an italian flag and write "ciao canada" on it
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 pm

haha thats funny! i plan on wearing my inter jersey and maybe sitting with the ultras at the games..they alwasy have soo many flags and banners and signs, i cant wait!

I plan to go see Inter vs Roma (feb 4th) and inter vs milan (march 11th)..both those games in milan, but i may also wanna see some other games closer to cortona area. i am a nerazzurri tifosi haha
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:35 pm

i'd be interested in seeing a game or two with you guys. i've been playing soccer for like 10 years now and actually being able to see a game in milan would be amazing!
Back to top Go down
ianmccarthy

ianmccarthy

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:59 pm

a game in milan is a must. the stadium holds 85,000 ppl and is the 2nd largest in Europe. the atmosphere there is unlike anything else! its amazing!
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 7:23 pm

ya thats true but it has to be a Milan Roma game which (feb 4th) sounds like an awesome time but I dunno if I have a field trip with one of the courses or not. Or is that one of our free weekends? I can't remember. I am so pumped I am glued to the t.v watching those games on the weekends it'll be so so so so so so sweet actually being there in the crowd watching Giraldino, Totti, Perrotta, and the likes on the field only meters away from us. Goosebumps for sure. well thats all for me at the moment. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cortona :: Cortona-
Jump to: