Cortona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cortona

To Coordinate Cortona topics

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upper Crust Meeting

Go down 
+13
nanalouise
David
Olivia
Merin
Hailey Stern
Marissa
LeahT
Dave Beck
Mike
Candace Rogers
GabriellaPetrone
~*elise*~
Nikki
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikki

Nikki

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Upper Crust Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:11 pm

Hey Folks!!

Lets keep this topic for RSVP-ing I can sort of organise for next thursday.
Post here to RSVP For the Upper Crust Cafe Meeting Next Thursday December 7, 2006 @ 6:00.

It would be good to know who is coming in terms of numbers ahead of time so I can make a reservation, sometimes the place can be pretty booked up, so It would be good to be prepared.

For those unsure of What I am talking about, we ( forum / any non-forums users we inform) ( I suppose I can send a notice via the cortona e-mail board) ok, we have decided to have a nice wine/coffe/good food meeting night to discuss weekend travel plans, even the score with money and such, figure out and distribute room listings ( who's bunking with who on what weekends and where ) travel information we've found, ideas for more travel during and after, and really just for a good o'l general social.

I will have basic calendars ( sheets of crappy paper with calendars printed on them bom ) so we can sort of plot our adventures together and have a better idea of what the hell is going on. I will be keeping loose minutes for those of our fellow companions who cannot be with us due to the physical distance, work, school and so on.

I sound like a nerd here, well, I am, and really, I like to be somewhat organized when I am travelling to a foreign country for the first time!!

Hope to hear from you all soon!
Nik
Back to top Go down
~*elise*~

~*elise*~

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:16 pm

count me in Nikki!
Back to top Go down
GabriellaPetrone

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 8:53 pm

I am in too Nikki, I had the same calender idea too. lol.
Back to top Go down
Candace Rogers

Candace Rogers

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:00 pm

I'll be there!
Back to top Go down
Mike

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:19 pm

Yah I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
Dave Beck

Dave Beck

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:21 pm

Me too
Back to top Go down
LeahT

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:56 pm

Hey Nikki!

Sounds great! count Leah in.

Good choice by the way, mmmm sticky carmel pudding at upper crust!
Back to top Go down
Marissa

Marissa

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 9:59 pm

I'm in too!
Back to top Go down
Hailey Stern

Hailey Stern

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 10:09 pm

Don't forget about me! I'm coming too! bounce
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 11:20 pm

Me too! I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Olivia

Olivia

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 3:20 pm

i'm in
Back to top Go down
David

David

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 3:52 pm

I'll be there too.
Back to top Go down
nanalouise

nanalouise

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 5:49 pm

I finally got my work schedule....

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 11:56 pm

I will most likely be late, but save me a seat because I will get there eventually ! (if I don`t get horribly lost navigating the edmonton streets and avenues Suspect )
Back to top Go down
stephanie

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2006 8:59 pm

me too!
Back to top Go down
MariaPaula

MariaPaula

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 9:38 am

there is this girl: Denise.. forgot her last name. she just emailed me about the trip to Venice, so needless to say she is a little bit behind. I suggested she go to the meeting. so .. count her in so long as the roads are ok.
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 10:23 pm

Ok, I am not even going to touch on anything on any of the new posts, becuase I am so TIRED I could collpase. No joke folks. LAST DAY OF CLASSES IS OFFICIALLY OVER! I have finished two finals, two to go and then that's it. 29 days to go for me and then I'll be on a plane.

I will see everyone who has RSVP'd for the upper crust meeting tomorrow and any of those who are showing up anyway!!

I am not sure how long we'll all be there, I don't imagine we'll need to be there all night, it would be good to at least organize the trips we have already planned even if we don't solidify anymore at this point. We will be IN ITALY and there is always the potential ( vast potential ) that upon arrival our thus far concreted plans could change anyway. So I am not hell bent on organising the three month span to a T.

Anyhow, I will be there hopefully a little bit before 6 to make sure the table is ready and to catch anybody unsure of the location and so on. I Will have calendars in hand enough for all ( fingers crossed for the photocopy machine @ work!) And I think that is about all for now.

Hope to see you guys there tomorrow, drive safe, if you decide you can't make it no worries, I Will send minutes later to update everyone and then we'll all be on the same page.

Just to give an idea, I was thinking of making it a 6 - 8ish thing ( I could be underestimating the time we need, and I am not saying you have to be there at 6 and then leave promptly at 8, I think THAT is the time I can be there, my boyfriends Aunt from Hawaii is in town until friday and tomorrow, is her birthday dinner ( of course this gets planned after we decide to have a meeting affraid ) so I shoudn't wait too long before I get back to St. Albert, of course, I will play it by ear, who knows what will happen!!

If anyone has quesitons about tomorrow night just drop me a line, Upper crust Cafe, about 2 or 3 blocks at the most straight South of the Garneu Theatre on 109st. Right hand side going south.

Ciao
Back to top Go down
Merin

Merin

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi Guys,
It turns out i wont be able to make the meeting tonight, had some family stuff come up that i need to be a part of.
Back to top Go down
megg

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 1:16 pm

i will also b there, but won't be able to stick around for long, bf's parents are coming over for dinner since we are only in town for a week, heading back to morocco on saturday! can't believe all the stuff you guys have been up to on the forum!
Back to top Go down
StephyS

StephyS

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 3:12 pm

Yes, the forum has been a life saver, I can`t even explain how much less nervous I am about going now that I feel like I know people! On that note, I don`t know if anyone said so yet, but thank you Barbara for making this, it was a genious idea cheers

Also, I have the stomach flu pale , so won`t be there tonight, but I look forward to your notes Nikki bounce
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 10:45 pm

Thank you to all those who showed up to the Upper Crust meeting tonight!!

Regardless of what we did or did not accomplish it was awesome to meet those of you who could attend. Hopefully we cleared anything up that was on your minds. For now anyway.

No worries to those who were unable to join, we will be spending three months together to catch up!! Smile

I will post what notes I think are pertenant, ( not many, much eating and giggling occured in the stead of planning!! Razz )

All in all, a very enjoyable and fruitful evening!! Thanks again for showing up, I am more excited at this point than I have been, less than a month away!!

Goodnight and I am sure we will all be in touch soon!!

Nik
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upper Crust Meeting   Upper Crust Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upper Crust Meeting
Page 1 of 1